The Atheism Thread

Guest roger

where do you stand?  

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not really as it`s only a 50/50 chance of the test being correct

how do you know that?

You were talking about me getting a test to surmise wether i was the father of a child no?

Only two out comes there i reckon.

Edit for spelling.

Edited by ratdog

how do you know that?

You were talking about me getting a test to surmise wether i was the father of a child no?

Edit for spelling.

ahh I see ..well in that case the odds for god existing are also 50/50 ..which implies that religion is not blind faith ..following your logic

Edited by weed_G

sure, but you didn't do the tests yourself ratdog ...your still taking people on their word even if it is x10 ..If 10 different religions say god exists does that mean god exists? ..sure their high priests can come forward and tell me stories about their visions of god and angels etc ...but unless I actually observe those things for myself ..If I choose to believe them it's blind faith ..unless of course I have my own vision/experience ..my point being is understanding dna science is outwith the skills of the vast majority of people ..and testing is way beyond that again ..for dna and most other sciences the vast majority of people take the scientists purely on their word

And they dont factor in the possiblity of Chimera's which can occur in humans

how do you know that?

Edit for spelling.

ahh I see ..while in that case the odds for god existing are also 50/50 ..which implies that religion is not blind faith ..following your logic

:angry: You are making that fit to your argument because in the REAL world a woman can be either pregnant or not pregnant,either way she is real, and exists. Your go! lol

You are making that fit to your argument because in the REAL world a woman can be either pregnant or not pregnant,either way she is real, and exists. Your go! :rofl:.gif

::rofl:: ..I'm only using your logic ..which seems to fit quite snugly on the other foot

god either exists or he doesn't ..only 2 outcomes ..and were not talking about wimmin being pregnant, we're talking about whether you have some child support that needs paying ..your not getting out of it that easy .. ..my dna example was quite explicit ..btw thanks for the 2 outcome thing ...I will be putting that through some extensive field testing to see how it works out

..and were not talking about wimmin being pregnant

You asked me if i believed 10 tests for pregnancy was enough to convince me of fatherhood by my blood.

a god who was here 4,000 years ago, according to the bible. during that time war, disease and suffereing was rife. nobody has seen or heard of him/it since then, but we beleive everything we read dont we, proof means nothing to us gulible humans, we believe any old shit we read, no matter how old it is, or how many parts of the good/gods book science disproves.

in the REAL world a woman can be either pregnant or not pregnant,either way she is real

I see what you mean now...but its a red herring ...the entire point is that people accept the conclusions of science(the test) as gospel without really questioning or understanding the processes that led science to those conclusions ..much like a lot of religious sheeple accept what they are told about god by other humans

its just 2 belief systems battling for superiority ...each thinking they have the drop on the other while the universe remains an infinite mystery ...2 sides of the same coin

Chimera

Typically seen in non-human zoology (but also discovered to a rare extent in human beings), a chimera is an animal that has two or more different populations of genetically distinct cells

I cant rember the case it was a rape case where the suspect was discounted because his sperm dna from the victim did not match the mouth swab but the defence eventualy persuaded the judge to obtain a sperm dna from him. It was on discovery about a year or so ago

I cant rember the case it was a rape case where the suspect was discounted because his sperm dna from the victim did not match the mouth swab but the defence eventualy persuaded the judge to obtain a sperm dna from him

that's pretty wild, just been reading up on it on wiki, interesting ..thanks for posting back ...

i've already explained the difference, science seeks to disprove and never prove anything but question everything, religion teaches to accept without question, and in fact if shown evidence against said religion, then it is in fact a test of how strong your faith is, and you should believe even harder etc etc

oil is an inaminate substance, it has nothing to do with science, it's not a science war, it's a war over wealth, the same reason for wars since the beginning of time i should imagine, the darwin example is a good one, got any others

and as for saying i haven't looked into religion, you couldn't be further from the truth, religion and the possible existence of a god or some higher entity interests me greatly and i've spent MANY hours studying various religions. i still believe any organised religion to be hoax's they all come from the minds of men. religion is basically some people claiming to know the truth, which of course no-one does, religion was invented simple as.

Edited by scraglor