temps...........

budahbwoy

Budahboy dont despair m8 :soap:

Can you draw fresh air from anyway in your loft cos like the rest of the gang

i think thats your main problem. Its a problem close to my hart cos its the exact same

one i encounted. Trust me it will work out where there,s a will there,s away my soultion was a combanation of all your thoughts i installed another fan and modifyed me mini wing so i could aircool it

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• budahbwoy

• sittingrelaxing

• Labrat

• pd666

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cheers all,

have not yet decided what EXACTLY i am gonna do, but reckon i am gonna use the ducting hanging down, and attach it to my HPS, like the aircooling lamp thread (oldpink, i tink!)

LR - not married but not far off. i proposed said plan to g/friend....she didnt like it!!

Saldo old boy, how the devil are ye? i am inspired by the idea of drawing air in from the loft, didnt give this a second thought originally as hot air rises but, i would rather spend £77 on an RVK fan n bracket, knowing dam well it will work, than £30 on a few pc fans and transformer, only to discover i STILL need an RVK he he, but it is the last resort, i do have the cash ready.

its true whats said, you get what you put in eh?

so, come the weekend i shall have an air cooled lamp which should reduce my temps and make me happy :(

if not, i am gonna buy another fan, spend 2 hours crawling around in the loft, and hope it works. if anything its another investment cos when i move house (not yet) and increase my set up, i will have the equipment already.

respect peeps, your all the BEST!

stay high.

BB

:P

whilst flicking ash into my tequila glass, i have just had another idea.

as you can see i have to vent ductings in my growroom, both attached with good ol fashioed gaffa tape to a 4" RVK fan hanging from the rafters in my loft.

now, i dont wanna overstrech my luck with the fan, and deplete its power, but could i cut another hole in the ceiling to the loft and add another section of ducting from the RVK directly to the mini wing, which i would drill holes in etc? id also raise (or cut off) the ducting thats hanging down?

this way, if the RVK will allow it, i shall have 3 seperate sections of ducting gafferd together to the RVK, coming throughcthe ceiling, 1 for veg chamber, 1 for air cooled lamp, and 1 for general room intake?

will the fan handle it?

i dunno,......4 mnths of research and construction, now its just the tweaking.

which is a bastard! :(

:P

hi bb,

i had the same problem (same sort of size as yours)

i've got an extractor directly above the light(in the loft),but ducting hanging only 8" down,

then i've fitted a 5" "dump" fan inside the GR,

it takes the cold stale air at the bottom of your room,

and dumps it onto the light and plant canopy, allowing the light to get closer...

it also works better than a oscilating fan...........

sr

hi SR

glad your well my friend, and cheers for the reply!

only Q i got is what type of fan did you use for the dumping? an rvk or pc fan or ?........{in the guise of dirty harry} I GOTS TA KNOW!

ha, anyway, sorry, im watching blazing sadles - more beans mr taggart?

BB

:stoned: i'm dandy cheers..............

both my extractors are lti's m8..........

lol top film(as good as spaceballs)...

i remember watching blazing saddles with the ceefax on 888,

"fffffrrruuuupp ppuhp ppppuuuurrrrrrpp fffhhhuuuuuurrrrrhhhppp"

sr

Hi all

Interesting thread this.

I'm sure weve all battled with controlling temps and sorting out enuff fresh air to keep our ladies blooming!!

Growing in lofts is always a pain. i did it for years, swore i'd never do it again but was forced to grow in the loft again.

Pain in the ass!! lol

BB, if you start branching the ducting from your extractor you will seriously reduce its efficiency. Also, you seem to have loads of ducting - can you shorten this at all? Longer ducting also reduces efficiency.

It is worth building your own air cooled hood. I built one and it reduced temps by about 4 deg. (i put a thread on here about it last year but i cant find it to direct you to it. i just used roof flashing which is easily fashioned into your desired shape if a little heavy and some brackets from Wickes)

If i was you, i would think about building an air cooled hood and buying an extra 4'' lti to draw from that only, and if possible reduce the length of the ducting.

As ive said before, the best way of reducing heat problems for your plants when growing in the loft is to plan your grows so that nothing of great importance is happening during the hottest months.

Best of luck

Chip :wassnnme:

easy chip

glad this thread got your attention, and thanks for your advice.

i guess now is as good a time as any to update you all. A recent trip to the local growshop, and i picked up a 6" RVK fan and 10 meters of ducting. I plan to use this fan for sucking the air out of the veg chamber and flowering room, replacing the current ducting you see.

chip, i am growing in my room, in a super stealthy wardrobe. the loft is being used purely for ventilation, air in and air out. i dont think i can reduce ALL the ducting, but i can shave a a mtr off or so by moving the fans in the loft around. ill try to get some pics if poss.

im glad you confirmed that branch ducting reduces efficiency, i thought so!!..but i got to branch as i cant afford another fan.

so far, this originally simple and CHEAP idea, has cost BB a little over £450!!!...this is one super absorbing hobby that i cant put down on my CV!!! ARGH!!! ITS THE ONLY THING I DO HAVE AN INTEREST IN!!! lol!

respect chip

BB

:wassnnme::smoke:

Glad to see youve sorted your problem out i never douted it m8

cant put down on my CV!!! ARGH!!! ITS THE ONLY THING I DO HAVE AN INTEREST IN!!! !
Same here i just put herb gardening :wassnnme:

respect saldo,

you personally have helped me loads, BIG :smoke: to ya...and sincerest thanks.

i shall be back, *sigh* in the loft agin, itchin, crawling abooot, itchin, and sortin out the ventilation. so look out for pics next week peeps lol

i would have done it today, but my love of tequila, and smoking with my boys sent my whiteying ass off the good ol Mr. Ubend shouting for huey.....15mins later in bed......some 3 hrs later the mrs gets in from her ladies night ooot....ignores the boys downstairs, finds me asleep in bed upstairs,....and in her most drunken antic yet, distributes her stomach contents over the alarm clock, the pillows, her geri book, mr teddy bear also gets a mush full, but yet i remain peaceful at rest, and clean?

....ha....not only that but when she was cleaning the bed sheets, and scraping the speaker holes out, the smell of dried puke made her throw up again!!!...LMAO? i was crying!

bless!

cheers all.

BB

:wassnnme:

easy all ;)

sorry to bring this bugger back to the top but what i got follows on from this thread.

a recent visit to local hydrostore, 6hrs later and now installed a 6" RVK xtracting directly from hood (drilled holes in it) and from veg chamber.

i also got a digital therm from growell on special offer at £14.99 in a rather fetching blue colour! armed with this i have just run a 3 hr test on the flowering chamber. lol temps checked in at 26.2C and humidity 43%.....HOOORAY!........ :)

Thanks all who have helped me in achieving this. saldo, SR, chip, EVERYONE!.....but....(aint that a bitch!)....

i have checked the temps now in the veg room, which were ok at 27C with prev fan set up, are now a rather worrying 22.2C 57% humidity?......ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

this is pure torture......i have already had a chat with jools, and pretty much decided on FDM 50/50...but now THIS happens....i got some wonderful new GR pics...i did say i would post them today but.....well.....OK..... :smoke: .....sorry. tommorows the day, and mums the word lol

i was thinking of blocking half the 6" vent out in the veg room, but i also picked wilburs brains earlier and yet to buy a fan speed controller for £10...i know this will come in handy anyway really but i am worried that if i do reduce the air out speed, the temp in the flowering chamber will rise!

i worry too much.

i just wanna be happy and high on my own supply!

BB

Hi BB,

a 6" RVK will do the trick (A1 not L1?), and then some. I have those myself.

Are you worried about the temp drop? I find I get similar low temps, even on hot days (range about 65-75F, max and min). It doesn't seem to have unduly affected the plants though. Look on it as a benefit - low air temps are reckoned to improve the chances of getting females (according to Dutch Passion).

The humidity going up, well thats just sods law. I checked the RH in my flat and have found that the humidity levels in my grow room mirror those in my flat. Too bloody high. (I guess thats what I get for living in uncivilised lands north of the border :wassnnme: ). Your levels sound OK for vegging so you'll probably be OK. Here's hoping anyway ..

easy LR,

nice to see ya to see ya.......

thanks for the advice. i basically did 3hr test on veg too and these temps just worried me a bit, felt a bit TOO cold yknow, but i guess i am worrying over nothing.

would you say these temps are ok then, and i should start now? i am itching to, but want to make sure i have covered EVERYTHING i can first,....then learn from growing!!!

respect LR

BB

hi bb,

get growing m8................. lol

it's part of the fun of growing,

overcoming and adapting,

to those little trials and troubles the canna pixies throw at us........ lol

sounds like you've sorted the first little test they set ya...............

plus the temps might rise abit with plants in......

sr

Edited by sittingrelaxing