temps...........

budahbwoy

hi all,

so here i am, enjoying my tequila and a J, scratchin me noggin till its raw and blood, all cos of my temps!

you may have seen my gro room pics (http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?act=ST&f=49&t=12833&)...if you havent, then shame on you. its worth a peek, however, it has had a big overhaul, and new pics will be posted as soon as i START growing.

at present the temps in my room, without the lights or fans on, is stable at 29C/83F. When the 250w light and RVK fan are on, the temp is stable at 32C.

Now, the gro room is sitauted right next to the cupboard which houses the boiler, sooooooooo i reckon this is why my static temp (29C) is so high, great in winter, bad in summer.

here are a few pics to give you an idea of my setup. here is a pic of the RVK fan (housed in he loft) hangin down. I have also attached this to the HPS to reduce temps but still got 32C.

post-21-1056474129_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• budahbwoy

• sittingrelaxing

• Labrat

• pd666

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here is a snap of the air intake, the bottom one is for the vegging chamber (no temps taken yet, will worry about that after flowering chamber sorted).....the top one is for the flowering chamber........

post-21-1056474433_thumb.jpg

a pulled back shot(ish) showing the 9" osc fan, and the vent tube for the veg chamber (below flowering shelf). the air in tube from the door vent (next pic) is wedged around the vertical duct and sits just behind the 9" fan.

post-21-1056475707_thumb.jpg

and here are the new vents in the right hand door.

bottom one for veg, top for flowering.

post-21-1056475839_thumb.jpg

sooooooo..........

how to i reduce the temps to optimum range? heres the options i believe are available to me, more welcome!

1- install 4" PC fan to air intake vent on the door to draw in more air (maybe its a lak of fresh air?) cheap, and great for me.

2- install another 4" RVK fan purely for air intake super dooper style! (although i can just squeeze this into budget, so ONLY as last resort, all esle fails, BB...it HAS to be done resort!)

3- air cool my HPS with a PC fan as read http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?act=...=ST&f=15&t=3434 <--- there! (i dunno how to change the link to read HERE!)

i thought that the room temp (29C) was pretty high to strat with so i was tinkin there wasnt enough fresh air supply getting in. then i thought, well its summer anyway and really warm days/eves, then i am thinkin the boiler is a major issue ( i CAN go without hot water.....its not essential......cannabis IS)...

;)

i turn to you in desperation more than the good book its self.....from the hand of J.C himself Jorge Cervantes 'INDOOR BIBLE'......

respect.

BB

:smoke:

i run with a ikron 600w 29c sounds right to me i run abit hotter and my plants are looking really sweet i havent noticed any diffrence in my plants since the first grow apart from they need a little more water but thats it i water mines every 2 days there happy in there i have air getting sucked out through my vent by a fan and intake is drafted in through the bottom

hi P

cheers for the reply, just a quickie as tequila and J's somewhat fcuk with my head a liccle, but are you saying 29C (The temp at which my gro room is with no lights/fans etc on!) is ok?

as i said, 32C is the running temp of the room with fans and lights, is this ok?

sorry if i seem dim my good devil, i am somewhat inhebriated.

cheers PD666,

respect

BB :smoke:

lmfao nah forgive my stondness 29c u should be running at with light on i think its supposed to be 29c day 25c night cycle maybe i could be wrong so u got major heat problems then thats really hot how much do u have to water man u must have to water often ???

.... so i was tinkin there wasnt enough fresh air supply getting in.

FWIW, that was my first thought, and my second when I saw your new vent.

1- install  4" PC fan to air intake vent on the door to draw in more air (maybe its a lak of fresh air?) cheap, and great for me.

good idea, if you can live with the noise.

3- air cool my HPS with a PC fan

won't hurt.

...  then i am thinkin the boiler is a major issue ( i CAN go without hot water.....its not essential......cannabis IS)...

install one, or both of above first, check the temps. Then turn the boiler off and recheck temps the following day. But I thought you were married? Unlikely to stay that way if you deny your better half a hot bath ... :smoke:

Not enough air getting IN was also my first thought. Try the PC fan on the intake ....see what happens :smoke:

as above,plus i'd put the extracter ducting directly above the light ,

so that the air is pulled over it,

having it hanging down,is sucking any cool air straight out......

have you got a window slightly open in the surrounding room???

because that would help..

i think the "optimal" temp for plants is 25C-26C,

at that temp,the plant can use it's energy most efficiently,

i like to keep with-in 3-4C of that, each way..... ie.between 22C-28C,

keeping the difference betwwen night and day temps low,

keeps streching to a minimum....

sr

Edited by sittingrelaxing