ITS HERE! ITS FINALLY HERE!

budahbwoy

then blow a raspberry cos it aint such a big deal....

well it is to me, and i couldnt have done it with out you all....respect.

i tried to build a false wall type thing into my sort of walk in wardrobe space. it had shot doors anyways, so the missus gave me the green thumbs up, and i began.

Months of reasearch has gone into this thing, and many many sexless evenings cos i am too busy scouring the threads for more info (cheers all!)...basically i built 2 large door frames from timber batons from BnQ, and then i stapled hardboard to it in 4 seperate sections...they measure approx 62cm long x 4cm deep x 220ish cm high. i secured the door on the right as a fixed panel, and made the entrance just the door on the left on about 8 steel hinges (support the weed...support wilkos man, all your DIY stuff cheaper tham BnQ for hinges and tools and flex and lights and and and...oh gosh im getting way too giddy).

trust in the gaffa tape to light proof it, covered the walls in mylar whcked in a 250w 4 plant hydropot kit from growell, a 4" RVK fan n ducting, a 12" oscilating fan, mylar on a blind (big it up OT1)..and used BnW sheet to make a plastic door for more lightproof.

GET ON with IT BB!!

yeah......bring it on....(bear with me i am totally new to posting pics, read a thread on here bout it so here goes....

....do you see it?

post-49-1054756311_thumb.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• budahbwoy

• Sal

• Labrat

• BushDoctoR

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IT WORKED.....YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!! GET IN!

pic above is the outside of the room, the missus put fabric over it to sort of hide it, and ive got to run sum skitring board acroos the bottom too...even thought about putting mirrows dwn the middle to cover the gap.

next pic is zoom out just to see the skirting and the fram of the boiler cupboard...you can just see the air intake vents i cut in....(maybe i need these bigger)

post-49-1054756819_thumb.jpg

ok, here goes

mylar backed wall and sides reduce grow space to 124L x 45D x 220H..the lamp is 250w mini wing hanging from rope (quiter than chain...about 47p pmtr BnQ) and also the RVK fan on rope and ring plates from BnQ ..all adjustable heights.

the ducting runs into the loft, and the other end runs to the reflector, trying to reduce temps of 35 C. all bound by good ol gaffa!

post-49-1054757106_thumb.jpg

lower shot of room (sorry using a shit laptop plug in cam thing....)...

the intakes at the bottom of the door are about 8 inches above ones on the other side, a stagger if you will. this helps to stop light leaking out. underneath that shelf is an ottoman blanket box from argos £20 more later about that...

post-49-1054757426_thumb.jpg

:smoke: ....sorry JGS...

im still going man....cant stop ha ha!

i am planning on growing early girl....local head shop cheap £10 since discovered they are a kulu variety...1st grow so will get better seeds as i get better.

At the mo running tests before i plant, getting 35 C temps with light 2 ft away from therm...what to do JGS?

more pics here too....better shot from before here

post-49-1054757676_thumb.jpg

a shit pic of the ottoman box mentioned above. Its a blanket box from argos...£19.99. i painted it white, drilled air holes in the top, and whacked in 2 60w equiv NRG savers....will run proper test this week....kepp your peepers here peeps....

it looks quality if you ask me...

but im biased..... :smoke:

post-49-1054757926_thumb.jpg

Looking really good budahbwoy

If you haven't done so all ready its worth sealing yourself in there while there's still plenty of room and checking for light leaks.

IME you need to wait a good 15 minutes for your eyes to adjust to the dark. Its easier to sort them out now than when the space is stuffed with early girl.

At the mo running tests before i plant, getting 35 C temps with light 2 ft away from therm

That sounds high. The thermometer shouldn't be in direct light or it will read to high ?

My room runs hotter when vegetation is minimal but not that hot. 'Tis summer coming though and temperature becomes much more dificult to control (for me anyway). For my next grow I'll be having the lights on at night and morning instead of through the day like normal.

I find that helps in the summer.

Once again well done, now the real fun begins :smoke:

npk

Edited by NPK

and here endeth the lesson for today.......

i hope you enjoy these pics as much as i have reading all your threads, and chatting with ya...i loveit.

as soon as probs are ironed out i.e temps at 35 C, and noisy fan i should be starting my first grow sunday.......SUNDAY.......gawd,.....i feel like a kid at chrimbo.

while i got your attention JGS, as well as the Qs above, am i right in thinking after my seeds get 2 wks old, do i then change to vegging 18/6 for 8 wks or do i change when plant is say 18inches tall, cos it will grow in flowering, which is 8 weeks.

just a newbie niggling worry, all jorge cervants indoor bible says is veg for months....so i guess you veg as long as you want to, or space will permit, till you flower.....

its all experience isnt it.....im sooo xcited, just gotta stand on my own 2 now, and learn through practice and observation.

respect all, hope one of these days we all meet in the dam for a weekend, and to see you all.....or is that a bad thing?.....i hope not...your nice people.

im getting gushy......nd i shouldnt....im a man for gods sake ;).

peace and respect all.

:smoke:

how do NPK, good to see you again, you replied to one of my first posts and got me started....cheers K+!!

i love gaffa tape.....no seriously i do....you can see it on the lip of the fixed door on the right.....its also all over the inside of the doors too so no leaks at all even through the vents!!

as i haventgot my plants in yet i thought it norm to put thermometer under direct light as this is where the plants are:approx 1ft away from the cannopy?!im not being flippant here at all man.....if anything its good news cos it means my temps should be lower!!!

thanks for your kind comments, its part of all of ya....many many thanks....

BB

respect. :smoke:

FAntastic stuff! - with that set up and a little help from your friends, you'll be toking in no time! Will leave your Q's to someone a little more experienced than I

PLUR

im getting gushy......nd i shouldnt....im a man for gods sake :smoke:.

;)! Its good to get it all working huh mate? Wish you many happy years of growing! I love your doors man. Well constructed and thought out! I bet you put alotta work into that man. Have fun bud! :soap:

I SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....

i got the therm in the wrong place, i will put it in the corner....silly me........i shall xperiment wih height but 1ft should be ok shouldnt it...

im a proper :stoned:

NPK......cheers.....

respect

BB

i love gaffa tape

Me too. :stoned: Its about the only thing that holds my motorbike together I think.

Used extensively in my growroom as well. Be careful using it at the warm end of the ducting.

It ends too turn to goo.

npk

hi BB,

looking good. What room did you build it in? And to control temps, can you turn off the heating in there and just leave a window open. This country ain't warm.

answering some of your Q's while I'm here (to the best of my novice ability)

Vegging doesn't start a set length of time after your seeds have popped. Once they've popped you need to get them into your ottoman and keep them on 18/6, 20/4 whatever. Keep them in the ottoman as long as possible - it'll be cheaper to run than the HPS. Once they've outgrown it you can put them under the HPS to finish vegging. When you do, leave them in the same pots they were growing in for a few days to acclimatise to the new light, then repot.

Advice about when to start flowering (when growing from seed) is typically when the plant is sexually mature, which can be recognised by asymmetric branching. The experienced growers who are flowering after ~ 4 weeks, or at 6" are all growing with clones taken from mature mother/donor plants. They'll have vegged those until sexual maturity. Took me a while to figure that out. Its just shy of 2 months since my seeds popped, and the biggest is still only 15" (mind, I think its Sk#1), and showing no signs of asymmetric branching yet.

If you reckon headroom is going to be a problem it'll be worth your while vegging it to maturity (maybe cloning for sex while it's doing that), then taking cuttings and flowering those at a set height. Don't know really though.

anyway, thats enough rambling from me. nice job on the room. :stoned: