hiphop

KToWn

"altho mickle, i must disagree, DJ hype not only scratches amazingly, he also MCs and makes tune"

Hypes scrating sounds very good especially over drum and bass but this scratching is nothing compared with the likes of hip hop DJ's like alll mighty Q bert. I think hypes technieques are quite simple.

I have never herd him mc tho, alltho i really REALLY hate mc's, i think they ruin the sound and image of drum and bass compleatly.

Barcelona - Marcus interlect and S.T files SUMMER TUNE!!!!!

Rocket luancher - Sonic and Silver MENTAL BOUNCE OF WALLS TUNE

• 3 weeks later...

some of the early stuff mentioned is good positive hiphop, de la soul etc..

tupac and all that other shite is unreall sold out , selling their asses out for money bullshit commercial bollocks...

:ninja:

did i really say that?

should check out some RESPECTED artisted like the DefJux label or people like

MADLIB

he did a great stoner selection called 'blunted in the bombshelter'

recommended

or check out ElP

or people like CannibalOx

or even Quassimodo

but dont take my word for it im jjust an old bitter geezer in my slippas

u guys shud definatly check out,

Atmosphere, god loves ugly and lucy ford are amazing albums, his flow and lyrics and the shiz nit,

also, sage francis- man this guys ryhmes cud be written as poetry,

people under the stairs only jus started listening to but its seems gd so far ;)

cunninlynguists, these guys are jus as gd as all the above,

o and theres this 1 amazing producer called prefuse 73, his music is crazy however its very gd, all of the above is underground stuff , mainly from the sattes v. gd though

ps, k-os,binary star, dead pres(bit more commercail but still gd) de la soul very gd to, check out del the funky homosapien he used to ryhme fro de la soul i think, deltron 3030 is oldskool very nice, eyedea v. gd fresstyler, and heiroglyphics, ooo nearly frogot, jedi mind tricks, amazing group, living legends, im goin on a bit but thats what im listening to at the moment, and a bit of dnb, ram trilogy, hype, zinc, blackmarket, all of the above hip hop is amazing

I Enjoy all kinds of music, mainly listen to a few atrists off warp records, like aphex twin, squarepusher and boards of canada, but recently found ninjatune records, which is more of a hip hop style label. You should check out herbaliser, or if your more into your non-lyric hip hop like myself, check amon tobin, kid koala and mr. scruff.

Just seen amon tobin at leeds, amazing. He started with some quality hip hop then progressed into drum n bass and _everyone_ was dancing ;) the sound system in that dance tent was hypnotic!

nice one,

R^type

No offense but if it's the same herbiliser that you hear in "Snatch" the movie than gaaah so irritating honestly. Apart from that Warp is nice.

Detoxed

lol

Wholy :woot: this post has gotten popular. love it

so you all want to here some realy good old school shiz that most of you dont even know ? ill put it down for all u folks

Geto Boys - The World Is A Ghetto

Bone Thugs -N- Harmony - Budsmokers Only

Lighter Shade of Brown - On A Sunday Afternoon

Bone Thugs N Harmony - If I Could Teach The World

Ghetto Boys - Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangster

Lil Troy - Wanna Be A Baller

Lost Boyz - Summertime

Marley Marl - The Symphony - w/Masta Ace, Craig G, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane

Marley Marl f Juice Crew- Symphony Vol. II

Mix - DJ Rectangle Rated R Mix <---hard to find and big but worth it for 60 min of the best

old school rap - Luniz I Got Five On It Original <--!!!

Redman, Keith Murray, & Method Man -- Rapper's Delight

Sugar Hill Gang - Rappers Delight (Old School Mix)

warren g -regulate

Tupac - Unconditional Love

ll cool j - mama said knock you out

warren G - Ghetto village

Bone Thugs and Harmony - First Of Da Month

Bone Thugs N Harmony-Shoot Em Up

Grandmaster Flash - The Message

Pharcyde - Drop

Xzibit - Paparazzi

dj quik is also good but im getting sic of namin shiz ill name more later but those are gold prizes for me when i found em check em at kazza or sumpin . and thnx all you folks for your veiws on music

some metal and guitar is good but when the lyrics consist of little to non it gets kinda .... i dunno mindless . but i have herd good guitar were you need nothin but teh strings actualy i wouldent mind hearing a realy good guitarist ;)

you all want to hear a song in witch 2pac said inspired him in a biography ? :smug: look for troy_horn_feat_hope_shooter-champion its also on the thug angle soundtrack

:)

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
Guest smoketilluchoke

i cant beleive no one mentioned TRIPLE SIX MAFIA

i know it could be considered a bit gangsta

but i swear they have a way of putting atmosphere into beats

sounds like horror flicks

and htey have on eof the most important things in hiphop- ORIGINALITY

unlike so many others

EDIT- fuck me just realised this is the worlds oldest thread ignore me

Edited by smoketilluchoke

Guest DOGGTOFFY

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

:rofl:lol

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">