hiphop

KToWn

Not really hip-hop, more slow tempo breaks,

But if you get the Chance, download 'Electricity' by the avalanches, have a spliff to that. Play it loud and when the break comes, you really go mental.

I see no merit at all in music that simply rips melodies and has people wearing as many brand names and as much gold as they can speaking over it.

While we are here I dont understand the range of the "black" music scene. I hope I havent committed a faux pas by saying that instead of "urban" or whatever is the currently preferred PC term.

I dont really know what the difference between urban, jungle, garage,rap, hip hop, etc etc etc is. Most seem to fall into the unoriginal formula I suggest in the first line of this post.

I like the odd song but on the whole its like plastic flowers, all image and no substance.

Hey mickle mate, that's your opinion and i totally respect that.

I'm a big fan of Jungle/Hip-hop/DNB and Breaks,

I see this music as incredibly soulful, and about 95% of Urban music is original shit.

Even if you don't really like the music, i think there's no doubt that anyone can say MC's are untalented. I used to be so heavily into Punk, and then I was introduced to Early Wu-Tang material and i just realised what the vibe was all about and i was blown away by the rhymes they were pulling,

I'm not saying i can relate to newer 'Ghetto' hip-hop,

But i must say i love Old-school hip-hop, it makes you feel good man.

Anyway, i'm rambling

Peeeeeeeeeeace! :(

Hi, I've been into various types of music over the years, and i did listen to hip hop when i was about 15...you know the type, snoop dog, cyprus hill and whatnot. After not listening to much hip hop for a few years i got back into hip hop...black eyed peas, Gangstarr, Jazzmatazz, Common etc....

Then i discovered HOMEGROWN.

Uk Hip Hop is simply the best in the World in my (unbiased of course) opinion.

There isn't much American hip hop i listen to now....if ya love hip hop check some of these out for starters

Malarchi, Fallacy, Taskforce, Braintax, Roots Manuva, Rodney P- London Posse,

Moorish Delta 7, Villains, Black Twang, Ty

i'm gonna shut up now

Take it easy

KC

No offense to hip hop lovers. But to me nothing beats a good guitar riff. And I don't mean a stolen guitar riff put on a cheap LP and scratched a few times till it's totally mutilated.

Detoxed

Blak twang and Common are simply incredible.

I love the vibe Common gives off man, that's what hip-hop should be about,

Yeah detoxed, Guitar is great man, got to be in the mood for it,

If anyone likes bass guitar check out Brecker brothers

hey all,

firstly, before i forget, going back to what pip caravan said: not all rap is by fat black guys, theres a lot of fat white guys too, and a lot of them pre-eminem, eg cage, necro etc.

for al you people who don't like gangsta rap, i recomend you listen to some UK hip-hop instead, its much better than that american sh!t [apart from DeLa Soul and Jurrasic 5, and maybe some Jay-z/tupac]. the best UK hip-hop song is a bit gansta tho, its Rodney P - murderous style... he did it live on kiss FM once, and it was scarily siik. but theres a lot of non gansta hip-hop in the uk, eg roots manuva, skitz, iceberg slim, MJ cole et al.

Let me say tho, that while i love my hip-hop, i find that it can't quite compete with drum and bass/jungle these days, the uk scene has exploded and theres a lot of amazing tracks on kazaa now by DJ hype, nicky blackmarket, skibadee, kenny ken, shy FX, One Nation crew and all the other amazing junglists...

Detoxed, while gueetar is good, theres a time and a place for it, and its called monging. hip-hop/DnB is for buzzing and raving...

The German

Edited by the german

Who said I only do rock ? I was just cursin the artists who rip other people's stuff. Besides that DnB is ill old tehcno is good (speccially old german ones). I mean joker stuff by Immortals - Techno syndrome (mortal kombat theme), and loads of stuff that I can't classify or can't be arsed to list. Anyhoe, hip hop can be good, but it's appeal ,for me anyway, lasts only for a short period of time.

Detoxed

Who said I only do rock?

no one, but you gave the impression that you didn't likehip-hop

I don't mean a stolen guitar riff put on a cheap LP and scratched a few times till it's totally mutilated.

one minute you think scractching is shit, next you think it makes the best DnB...

I remeber ill scratchin contest in gemrany

Yea well the scratchin I've heard from hip hop is blatant 1 minute long segments of other songs, or a whole song with a heavy beat added. Also when I said scratchin at german contest, I meant serious tune splicing. Not uncreative "i'll add one note to an existing song" type scratching.

Detoxed