Cabinet materials

Jibber Jabber

you didnt post your light size (wattage)

so check this link for maximizing your efficiency without loosing intensity

maximize your light efficiency

i suspect you have a 400w or above ,so when your plants get a bit older (about a month) you will be able to lower the light again to about 18-24 inches away as they will be able to handle the heat a bit more

hope this helps mate

peace

the d.o.c :thumbs:

wardrobes are excellent for stealth, watch the ventilation tho' you need to get the air moving around and freash air in. Put some holes in it (in a discreet place top or back).

Hello there all :oldtoker:

Right firstly d.o.c. the lamp is a 250w HPS.

The wardrobe is sorted and they seem to be responding to the raised light already.

Right now just got my gauges today the humidity is about 30% and the temp is 82% i know the humidity needs to higher but hows the temp and what is the best method to get the RH up?

JJ :D

*MrBenn scratches his head as he tries to work out what that is in ºC.......

getting a container of water in there will not only boost humidity but can also reduce temp. Ventilation is what's really needed tho'. Remember that you'll need to stop light getting in when you go into flowering so any holes you make need to be able to have some kind of light trap fitted.

Gis a shout if you want more info on light traps.

OK hi all,

Ive just done the transplant into the green mix and the little 1 that was struggling now has a new lease of life.

the temp 93 F (34 C) , RH 35%

still need to get a fan

JJ :oldtoker:

Oh yeah if put the bottom of an old plastic tool box in the cabinet half full of water too:D

JJ

Guest THE PUFFER

Still sounds way too hot in there bud...can you get your hands on a heat screen or similar ?

Imagine what it will be like when the outside temperatures rise...

puffers right, one of my earlier frows was thwarted by heat...when it was started earlier in the year the temps were ok, but then in the summer the temps soared to ridiculous levels. it led to some very ropey colas if you could even call them colas!

from experience heat shields for the lamps will help reduce the temps but only in a ventilated area. the shield only serves to relfect the heat away from the plants, but with low ventilation it doesnt really reduce the ambient tempratures.

if you are growing in a wardrobe, the best thing to do would be to mod it. put in a second back to the wardrobe, seal the the two backs. if you have the ability seperate the top and bottom of the cavity created...then in the back on the inside mount fans....120mm pc case fans would be ok....maybe 2 at the bottom and 2 at the top. www.quietpc.com to quiet fans for stealth. the bottom fans draw air in and the top let air out. then on the outer back put holes to allow the air in and out of the cab..put them near the fans...but not directly as this will allow light leakage. you will need to put the holes on the outside nearer the fans if you have not divided the cavity. the false back stops light leakage...so you dont have a glowing wardrobe that arouses suspicion. whislt ive recomended 2 120mm fans top and bottom...just use whatever fans you need.

i hope you can get all that, and that it might be of help.

What an excellent idea DGJ:rock: , i will have to look into that in more detail see if i cant fit it in somewhere.

Right now the temperature is currently at 76 degrees( how do you do that degree sign in this thing) F, and the RH is 50%.

Ive got a few pictures now so will post them in the members pics

JJ :peace:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello m8 I take it your building from scratch,,

Another option is to go to some secondhand shops and get one of those huge 30s to 60s wardrobes they do the trick

;)