Sativex Chocolate

DANZIG

Hot Tip:

When you've melted the choc, mixed in the Sativex and then put it in the ice trays; well, what do you do with the mixing bowl?

Leave about a dose or so alongside the scrapings in the bowl, and then add hot fresh Real Coffee, and mix thoroughly. Pour in favourite coffee mug, and swig good and hot. Sit down, put the sounds on .... man, aint it good to be alive. :rofl: :rofl:

Sciatica? What Sciatica?

:rofl:

Topic pinned, in the hope that many more folks will read and benefit.

Edited by Arnold Layne
  • Like 4

That's great news Arnie the dreaded sciatica under control

It is amazing the effects of Sativex when choccied

Its a form of control MJ; and very welcome. I suspect other analgesics will be needed if a full on sciatica was to happen, though.

The only drawback I've found is the rapid way tolerance builds up. It's a case of one day with, two without.

• 1 year later...
post-211-1192457863_thumb.jpg

Push out the squares of chocolate and store in a container in the fridge

Dose

A bottle of Sativex contains approximately 50 sprays – we are using a 14 square ice cube tray so each square of chocolate is the equivalent of 3.5 sprays of Sativex

CAUTION – 3.5 sprays of Sativex sprayed as directed under the tongue will be absorbed via the mucus membranes directly into the bloodstream and 4 sprays is considered a strong dose. Sativex in chocolate will still be absorbed under the tongue but the majority will be swallowed and will be converted into the metabolite 11-Hydroxy-THC this will make the effects greater and longer lasting

The effects can be felt from 20 minutes to an hour after ingestion

Effects

Danzig’s view - I was totally fucked after one square - very heavy body stone and I slept for 10 hours

Medi-Users Experience

The results were a total success, I had one square and within an hour was pain free and very, very stoned. The effect from the chocolate was much heavier and more relaxing than when taking it sublingually, it also lasted longer making the chocolate much better for sleeping than neat Sativex. I am now using a combination of Sativex spray and Sativex chocolate depending on the effect I want – it has made my medicine much more versatile, not to mention better-tasting!

my next script is due cant wait to try this one out hope it does what it says on the tin :yahoo:

• 1 year later...

We made this yesterday, and our tester said he didn't notice it all that much.

We did spray the bottle in, and are worried that some may have been lost by doing this?

And well, he does have a very high tolerance...

but certainly tastes better than the spray alone!

• 1 year later...

thanks for recipe. leaflet now says 90 sprays after priming. still, made 12. not that great - though certainly an improvement over the spray method . actually, really slept!

the Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis showed some remarkable improvements after one square[ relaxing of the bowel, firm movements, less pain] - along w/ the neuropathic pain fading away, albeit only a little..

-two hours to have an effect here, perhaps due to bowel issues?!

effectiveness also carrying over[mildly] to following day.

Edited by AlbertScroggins

• 3 months later...
maybe you got a placebo

Nope. it was a prescribed bottle, and not a tester. But I believe I'm right in saying that I am not alone in finding Sativex ineffective. I think I am right in saying that this has been reported from a few patients with a history of prescribed Opioid therapy. I have been on Opioid pain relief for over 12 years now. Seems this may be stopping Sativex from being effective. What is interesting though is that smoking or eating bud/hash still works fine. Maybe the problem is down to Sativex being a recombination of CBD/THC? I don't know.

MJ - great news Missis, it must be great for you to have that measure of relief, I'm well chuffed for you. Mind you, get GW Pharma told of this, and maybe they'll produce a chocolate themselves - it sounds very promising.

Seems like they are making a simple solution into a complicated extract of variable worth.

The chocolate sounds well effective, and why not? eating cannabis has gone on as long as smoking it.

medical community ,and I mean the scientists, should stop trying to fix a problem they are creating.

weed has been smoked and eaten for years with great medicinal effect.

why turn it into a complex medicine which isn't up to scratch?

Bring on the sticky lemons and the space cakes.

It's time tested.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Great to read this. I have a pal with MS and she is wondering about the effectiveness of Sativax, I will get her to have a look at this thread. x

• 5 months later...

This is awesome! I'm just pissed off that the UK NHS are now saying that Sativex prescriptions are too expensive... it's ridiculous that the company behind it are putting such a huge mark up on something which is mainly plant based. Hell of an idea for regular users though. Kudos

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thankyou to those whome have posted, I found this most informative and being an arthurtus, Osteoprosis sufferer I can only hope at some point i may be able to get the sativex spray to reduce my pain levels .

But that said at least I may be able to try other ways for it to benifit me such as the chocolate idea.

Thankyou once again :)

A friend with chronic nerve damage pain has been refused any sativex or extract medicines. They put her morphine up instead. Which is nowhere near as effective. Any advice appreciated.

So in effect a 1:1 strain would be perfect to grow solely to make chocolate from, would be just as good if not better than sativex.

How much they sell thus for?

RR

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...