Sativex Chocolate

DANZIG

This works

i am never free of pain, especially in the rib cage

one square and 30 mins into digestion , realising that i was pain free

Yes thats right pain free, I almost didnt know what to do, it was gentle and sustained

I cannot say this was a medical experiment, as i was smoking bud as well,

I was fully normalised, and without pain,

I can fully normalised and still pain, so the conclusion is,

Sativex Chocolate does work in more ways that a spray

maybe you got a placebo

Nope. it was a prescribed bottle, and not a tester. But I believe I'm right in saying that I am not alone in finding Sativex ineffective. I think I am right in saying that this has been reported from a few patients with a history of prescribed Opioid therapy. I have been on Opioid pain relief for over 12 years now. Seems this may be stopping Sativex from being effective. What is interesting though is that smoking or eating bud/hash still works fine. Maybe the problem is down to Sativex being a recombination of CBD/THC? I don't know.

MJ - great news Missis, it must be great for you to have that measure of relief, I'm well chuffed for you. Mind you, get GW Pharma told of this, and maybe they'll produce a chocolate themselves - it sounds very promising.

Edited by Arnold Layne

great stuff

anyone tried spraying the sativex onto tobacco, letting it dry and smoking it?

p.s. when's the book coming out?

can anybody think of a worse thing to do with sativex :) ? Why not spray it on a small turd and brush your teeth with it ;)

• Like 1

great stuff

Urm - this is the Medicinal Cannabis forum M8; we are not talking about "getting bolloxed" etc, but about treating serious illnesses. Smoking something mixed with tobacco is no way to take medicine ;)

OCTAFISH

Havent a clue, can you sourse Sativex and have a go?

be interesting to know

seriously though better absorbed through injestion with a fat to metabolise through the liver

:yep:

• Like 1

OCTAFISH

Havent a clue, can you sourse Sativex and have a go?

be interesting to know

seriously though better absorbed through injestion with a fat to metabolise through the liver

lol

thanks mj

having recently moved house i am waiting to build a relationship with my new gp before asking for sativex

i suffer from Trigeminal Neuralgia, a condition which is often misdiagnosed as ms, but i am not sure that sativex can be prescribed

i am aware that ingestion is best, but a 20 year baccy and weed habit takes some breaking

this thread is about using sativex in other ways, so i dont really see the problem in my suggestion

i was only wondering, like blue cow

That was one of the first trials :spliff: - 4 sprays of sativex on a single skinners worth of cutters choice - mild buzz at best and not an effective method of administration IMO - have yet to try it in a volcano but I have got some liquid disks for the volcano and will give it a try

i suffer from Trigeminal Neuralgia, a condition which is often misdiagnosed as ms, but i am not sure that sativex can be prescribed

As an unliscenced medicine it can be described for any condition,

What? 'Cooking with Sativex' only got the chocolate at the mo' so wouldn't be much of a book but Sativex liquer chocolates are on the drawing board - will report here in due course

i have a serious illness...

and i like tobacco.

I am sorry to hear it. But I wasn't having a pop or anything, just pointing up that smoking Sativex with tobacco is not exactly recommended therapy. And when I read your post you sounded (obviously I misread it, apologies) like a stoner who'd stumbled into this thread withour realising where it is ;)

I can't imagine that smoking is particularly good for TN either. I smoked from 13 - 51, gave up at 51 which was three years ago now. Best thing I ever did. But no, I'm not judging you or insisting you should do the same, just letting you know that it is possible to quit, even after many years even decades ;)

Thankyou for asking

:unsure:

I didn't.

:unsure:

But thankyou for letting us know. TN is a very nasty thing, and most painful. You have my very real sympathies. It is quite OK for a GP to prescribe Sativex for conditions other than MS - maybe a trip to a Pain Management Clinic would help as most GP's like Sativex prescriptions to be recommended by a Pain Management Consultant. Absolutely crazy, isn't it? Last week I asked for my Morphine 'script to be ramped up - nay worries, said the Doc, and calmly doubled it. But ask for Sativex and Oh my gawd, you'd think I'd asked for a ton of Semtex!

Funny old world.

I'm not a lover of dark chocolate usually but anything's better than the taste of Sativex. 100g of Green and Black's Mint at 70% cocoa and 50g of Lindt 85% cocoa. It doesn't half thicken up after you stir in the Sativex, I could lift out lumps and mould them into the icecube tray. And the top of the bottle was a bugger. Pliers weren't shifting it so I ended up peeling the metal apart with a tin opener.

Ta for the recipe.

:doh:

post-5588-1193340425_thumb.jpg

I made Sativex chocolate in 2006 and advised GWP, of this, in an email, in early 2007, saying that it worked better as a chocloate. I was advised, by phonecall, that making Sativex chocolate was a bad idea as a medicine.

In fact the woman, who is no longer working for GWP, had a good laughed at me. Fine!

I made Sativex chocolate in 2006 and advised GWP, of this, in an email, in early 2007, saying that it worked better as a chocloate. I was advised, by phonecall, that making Sativex chocolate was a bad idea as a medicine.

In fact the woman, who is no longer working for GWP, had a good laughed at me. Fine!

That does surprise me, what reason did they give for it being such a bad idea?

That does surprise me, what reason did they give for it being such a bad idea?

maybe coz it makes it more attractive to children? whilst there's still so much opposition to sativex, i expect GWP have to be extremely careful not to give the hypercritical arseholes any ammunition against it :)

edit - reading this thread made me really jealous, coz my chewing/swallowing probs make eating chocolate a nightmare for me :unsure:

... but i've just had a thought ... sativex chocolate icecream :):unsure: GU make a gorgeous choccy & raspberry icecream, guess what's now on my shopping list! :spliff:

Edited by ms kitty
  • Like 1