• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doobz

• TightBud

• andyr1rider

• hoser

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So today I had a day off and I really had to get cracking with getting the insulation and the plasterboard up..

First things first was to get some Power up there so I just used a spare flex that I had an did an einstein and now we have light up there

Then I layed all the insulation on the ceiling as you can see in pic one and then layed the plasterboard on top - once I got going it was not too bad.. The one thing I can tell you tho is "WEAR GOGGLES" and a mask because the amt of dust and shit that came outa the insulation was hectic -

Second one is of the ceiling complete apart from the frame at the top.. thats where the lighting and wiring will go and then I will box it off.. A 4 Inch metal duct pipe will also run along the top and suck all the hot air out and and into the chimney. Another one will run along the side of the floor and blow in temp controlled air,

Third one is of the frame and the top of the roof so you can get an idea,

Tomorrow its time for the expanding foam to fill all the gaps to make the moffo nice and air tight and I will section it off for veg and bloom using what plasterboard I have and black poleurethane plastic.

post-25934-1190910220_thumb.jpg

post-25934-1190910232_thumb.jpg

post-25934-1190910248_thumb.jpg

she says "I dont mind them veging in the spare room" So me trying to wangle my way into growing in the spare room I say to her "I am gonna tidy up all your crap and all the old bags of baby clothes, toys, teddy bears"

It's the teddy bears that take up the space! I cleared out our spare bedroom and there were enough of our daughters teddy bears to fill 7 bin bags. I ask you, what does a 23year old goth need with 7 bin bags of teddy bears? She has got married and is buying a house so she can have them back.

That's a nice job that you've done with your loft space. We had ours converted into a room and it only accessible by an aluminium ladder.

Well Things are moving along nicely - I was not meant to start with the next section till next week but I decided to just cary on with it while I had some time -

I filled all the holes and gaps that could let air in or out to make it easier manage the temps and humidity. I just used bog standard expanding foam for the gaps and then I did the bottom walls, floor and edges with some poleurethane incase we have any spills..

I think it went quite well - I wish I had a staple gun or something when I was doing it because I must have hit my fingers like a million times trying to get the wire clip/nails in backed with some cardboard so it didnt rip - anyways the journey continues - not long now before its growing ..

post-25934-1191260119_thumb.jpg

post-25934-1191260126_thumb.jpg

Well done mate that is a very good job and in such a short time, well impressed. I also grow in my loft but just put flooring in mine then have seperate cabinets for veg,flower,clone & seed,I find its easier to control individual cabinets and there easier to to take down incase of unwanted visiters Ill say no more on that, but yours looks the dogs I cant wait for your gro I hope itll be something special to break your spaces in like a nice heese or some thing fruity like a nice blubbery??. Once again good look Ill be keeping my seat on the watch position on this one :D .

• 3 weeks later...

yooo - soorry for not updating this but with the grow and the build going on at the same time and work etc - its been mad hard to keep the pics updated

I have hung the 2x600W HPS and Reflectors on a heat resistant pipe that I can raise and lower down on my funky invention - the power cables run all the way to the ballasts that are in the loft where it doesnt get warm - (ignore the Fluro Tube above them atm - thats just so I could work in there while the plants in the veg room are in their darkness cycle.

Fitted the rest of the white sheeting for the flower room and the ducting in the ceiling, just need to put the last of the insulation in there and then seal it up so only the carbon filter and RVK left will be exposed.

A bit of clutter in the corner but thats just supplies for when things get going a bit more..

Pics follow,

Regards

Psy

post-25934-1194114016_thumb.jpg

post-25934-1194114028_thumb.jpg

post-25934-1194114035_thumb.jpg

post-25934-1194114044_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
Guest TwoRoach

Looking sweeeeeet Doobz very noyce my friend. how much did the plasterborad cost ya a sheet? i wish i couldve done the whole loft as a room but ££££ says nope :puke:

hiya mate, well plasterboard is cheap. I think it was like £4 a sheet or something and I got 4 sheets..

This is what the room looks like now after the upgrade

Its best to have two people when you put it up. One to hold them to the roof and another to bang in the nails. I had to do it on my own and used a broom to wedge it up :wink:

Edited by Doobz

• 8 months later...
hiya mate, well plasterboard is cheap. I think it was like £4 a sheet or something and I got 4 sheets..

This is what the room looks like now after the upgrade

Its best to have two people when you put it up. One to hold them to the roof and another to bang in the nails. I had to do it on my own and used a broom to wedge it up :rofl:

nice job mate did you leave a gap between the underside of the roof and the insulation i think some thing about an air gap to stop transference of moisture check it out i could be wrong , great space looks huge best of luck with it.

important to keep an air gap as if you dont the insulation will be soaked within a week, my m8 had to take out all the wool as it was soaken and replace with the foam expanded boarding instead lucky he had only put up the polythene and not the gyproc which made it a bit easier. the only way to stop it is to have a proper air gap and vents otherwise the moisture collects quick. you might be lucky, hope so.

absolutly a top job m8, looking forward to see a forest in there. :stoned:

I gotta say mate what an intro, was pissing my pants laughing. I am currently building a room in my shed, have a loft similar to yours but full of teddies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway Im a new grower so maybe in time and with experience I may expand. Good luck with yours and didnt mean to hijack your thread

CTP

Aaaw dooooobz you lucky fucker ya...:unsure:...aaar mate im made up for ya,..that shit Is exiting ui dont care what any one says..:yep:

and cap doffed to mrs doobz for the 'go ahead' cuz thats what it was...;)

and WHAT A SPACE!!!.....so sooo jealous!!...wish i still had a loft!!