What Is Reality?

sensi_sid

Maybe the error is that science tells us that time is a straight line and maybe where we are, apart from extreme conditions, that is true. But you said time moves out in ALL directions but we are traveling in a straight line, what ever the fook that actually means in terms of understanding anything!

Admin! :Can we have a Pseuds Corner

Edited by Hir

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sitting Buddha

• Hir

• Jay1911

• Culchi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe the error is that science tells us that time is a straight line and maybe where we are apart from extreme conditions, that is true. But you said time moves out in ALL directions but we are traveling in a straight line, what ever the fook that actually means in terms of understanding anything!

Think about it, light travels in straight lines. Theory = Escaping light through velocity = escape from time.

With our current knowlege of something (argh, can't remember) propulsion, I'm sure it is possible to appear invisible.

Edited by Sitting Buddha

Let me try to explain the directions ...

Imagine you ran so fast that you can only see behind. You are now free to run off in other directions. There is only pure time ahead of you and you can't overtake it.

However, if you ran faster, you can run around that light and re-enter in the past. If you run through where the light begins, it will take you to another dimension.

Edited by Sitting Buddha

Ive had some weird shit with time, odd, very odd, personal anomalies. All of these have been since my NDE at the time of my accident.

Ill try and keep this short. When I had my accident I had become whats known as a Hedgehog, stuck with Spectrum till 1999 then I have my accident. First machine, new generation, was a laptop I was loaned in 2002? and just to practice the first thing I got into, I had no internet connection, was copying and creating libarys of music taken from CDs. This was when I was getting up which I dont do much of now, in the day time and whilst up I would copy CDs lable them, designate genres and such and then at night whilst in bed I would listen to these tracks, play with visualizations. So at some point I look up and the clock on the wall, battery driven and it has stopped,3:20am, think nothing of it. Now the way my bed is and with my limited movement the clock is always in my field of vision, so a few more tracks play maybe 7 or 8 and I notice that the clock has started again. Thats a bit puzzleling but whatever, in the morning I

expect the clock to be maybe 25 to 35 minutes slow measured by the tracks that played during the period it is stopped. Next day the clock, which had kept remarkable time previously was slow, but just by two minutes. It wasnt corrected now the next night, and now I am watching this clock intentally, at 3:50am the next night, the time it would have been approximately had it not stopped if you see what I mean, the hands go into slow motion and although it has no second hand it was a large face and the spaces between minutes are maybe 7 or 8 millimeters, it takes perhaps half an hour to cover those minutes and then it seems to start to move normally. In the morning it is spot on again, this being spot on is measured by its time keeping at BBC News program startings as I was so unfamiliar with these machines it wasnt second nature to check the time on the taskbar, plus it was on autohide or the the Media Player was covering it. I had been playing around with this new generation of computers for maybe a week.

(No, they havent all happened since my accident, I had one previous one to this one I mention when on a psyciatric ward. I played two sides of Quadrophenia during 25 minutes. There was a clock directly above the Record Player. It wasn't a faulty clock as after I checked and although other clocks on the ward varied in thier displayed time by a few minutes fast or slow to the clock over the record player it kept pace with these clocks. There were a few clocks around all within 30 seconds walk of this room.)

Edited by Hir

Fuck einstein. I'm depressed that no fucker answers my post. Oh well, fuck it. Debate the silly shit you wish. blah blah blah. Reality ? Yeah, tachyons lol Silly shit as opposed to real philosophy. OK then.

My very first post concured in a round about way with your initial point Booj, you drunken sot.

Edited by Hir

i think one of our difficultys in defining reality are the tools we have for such actions within it!

know what i mean? here within our reality we communicate with words about the fndings of science that propose theoretical operational models of our reality expressed through numbers and words.

numbers are a human application, an arbitrary system that weve all agreed to use therefore according it some kind of status in the realms of truth. but numerical systems arent "true" as such, we just all agree to them as it re-enforces our communal construct of reality.

science is like the three blind men all trying to describe the elephant :wink: its the religion of the day, the refrence point of explenation, like the bible once was, like the vedas, like the koran and on and on. all prupossing operational models of the world. all trying to explain "reality" to the people around it from where they stand in the world on its journey through time.

and as for words, i cant think of a more flawed system for communication :D dont get me wrong, i love words to bits, theyre my second favourite thing after music, but they have such a limited spectrum theyre almost pre destined to fail in the job they were designed to do :) and yet theyre probably our most utalised mode of communication.

what is reality? its just a word. its trying to encapsulate an idea that few of us can verbally agree upon, hence the centurys of debate and writings. but we all are at least aware of how it looks form our own view point.

one thing about reality is it appears interactive. it responds to our presence and actions. and its malable :)

reality. expierential, not deifnable :yinyang:

cheers

Light doesn’t travel in straight lines. Gravity bends light.

Yes it does. Everything travels in straight lines. It takes another force to influence velocity. When everything was in it's purity, it had no velocity. Entirety's balance has been influenced by a glitch known as the Big Bang or God, thus creating Chaos.

I believe there is one being capable of this level of intelligence, be it Earthlings or Aliens. We are all of the same, just evolved in different environments.

Our purpose in this life? May be we are the intelligence that one day restores balance.

:yinyang: