What Is Reality?

sensi_sid

Einstien said that any body that has mass when accelerated towards the speed of light would tend to have an infinity mass

as its speed increases its masses also increases and so needs more energy to move thereofore infinite mass would require infinite energy so only bodies of no mass can travel at light speed, I think ?

J :blub:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sitting Buddha

• Hir

• Jay1911

• Culchi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

am sure Einstein proved that to travel at the speed of light there could be no mass ?

I am sure that for a body to have no energy then all its atoms have to be still, can only happen at absolute zero ? but dont all the atoms (electrons, protons, neutrons etc..) still have energy so for all the energy to be gone all atoms would have to be split down to their most basic parts (quarks, leptons etc..) and to do this would require massive amounts of energy so does this mean that energy will always exist and maybe some sort of life ?

Unless, if the universe contracts and the huge energies involved in the collisions of all matter splits everything into its parts destroying all matter and energy ?

my head hurts now

Think you're right about the Einstein thing.

Matter and energy can not be destroyed. It can return to it's purist form or combine to become new existence, even if time was a pulse.

as its speed increases its masses also increases and so needs more energy to move thereofore infinite mass would require infinite energy so only bodies of no mass can travel at light speed, I think ?

That's what I thought, so it's impossible for us to travel at those speeds.

Sounds right but this is where I get confused. Light exhibits both wave propertys and particale propertys, Well then how does light manage to travel at the speed of light???

Think you're right about the Einstein thing.

Matter and energy can not be destroyed. It can return to it's purist form or combine to become new existence, even if time was a pulse.

entropy: matter can niether be created or destroyed.

(Im just saying what science says by the way, I have a great deal of trouble swallowing the totality of science, hook,line and sinker)

Edited by Hir

Sounds right but this is where I get confused. Light exhibits both wave propertys and particale propertys, Well then how does light manage to travel at the speed of light???

I think that with no restrictions, friction, matter and in a void etc, the fastest that that anything could travel, given the maximum energy avaliable is the speed at which light travels, I dont know if anything has ever been discoved faster than this ? yet ?

I think that with no restrictions, friction, matter and in a void etc, the fastest that that anything could travel, given the maximum energy avaliable is the speed at which light travels, I dont know if anything has ever been discoved faster than this ? yet ?

Nothing in this void can travel faster than light, it would take you to another dimension where time has no control.

Let me explain. In this dimension, we are trapped within time. As time is of an expanding nature, it goes off in every direction.

When everything is in balance, everthing exists in it's purity. Somehow, time has trapped these (or some) matters and energies. As I understand it right now, It can only of come from another dimension. May be a Big Bang scenario is an entry point???

Edited by Sitting Buddha

Tachyons maybe. They occur randomly in subatomic experiments and the only way to explain their effect on a given system is if you accept they are traveling faster than light. Also sub atomic co-adherence I think it is called,(maybe not) shows that an action on partical A has an instantanious effect on particale B seperated by thousands of miles. There is no measurable lag what so ever.

Its called Entanglement

Edited by Hir

entropy: matter can niether be created or destroyed.

(Im just saying what science says by the way, I have a great deal of trouble swallowing the totality of science, hook,line and sinker)

googled

'Energy can be changed from one form to another, but it cannot be created or destroyed. The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, merely changing from one form to another. The First Law of Thermodynamics (Conservation) states that energy is always conserved, it cannot be created or destroyed. In essence, energy can be converted from one form into another.

The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that "in all energy exchanges, if no energy enters or leaves the system, the potential energy of the state will always be less than that of the initial state." This is also commonly referred to as entropy. A spring-driven watch will run until the potential energy in the spring is converted, and not again until energy is reapplied to the spring to rewind it. A car that has run out of gas will not run again until you walk 10 miles to a gas station and refuel the car. Once the potential energy locked in carbohydrates is converted into kinetic energy (energy in use or motion), the organism will get no more until energy is input again. In the process of energy transfer, some energy will dissipate as heat. Entropy is a measure of disorder: cells are NOT disordered and so have low entropy. The flow of energy maintains order and life. Entropy wins when organisms cease to take in energy and die.'

So if energy cannot be destroyed only changed will the universe end in one of two ways ? Either everything will turn into pure energy or everything will turn into cold motionless matter, ended either way

J lol

Tachyons maybe. They occur randomly in subatomic experiments and the only way to explain their effect on a given system is if you accept they are traveling faster than light. Also sub atomic co-adherence I think it is called,(maybe not) shows that an action on partical A has an instantanious effect on particale B seperated by thousands of miles. There is no measurable lag what so ever.

I have heard about those little blighters, instant effect seperated by huge distances, mmmmmmmmmm, there are many mamy things still unknown in this universe,

its the quantum stuff that really spanners my head :yahoo:

J lol

And me, I did one year of Physical Electronics before changing to Social Sciences. It was the Quantum stuff that did my noddle. So much so that ironically Ive followed those studies AFTER I fookin left, only in a laymens grasp though. (Which means that I can hardly do any of the maths!)

Edited by Hir

Nothing in this void can travel faster than light, it would take you to another dimension where time has no control.

Let me explain. In this dimension, we are trapped within time. As time is of an expanding nature, it goes off in every direction.

When everything is in balance, everthing exists in it's purity. Somehow, time has trapped these (or some) matters and energies. As I understand it right now, It can only of come from another dimension. May be a Big Bang scenario is an entry point???

Thats interesting idea because science says that time itself only begins after, by zillionths of a second, The Big Bang occured. You seem to be saying we are trapped in time and the big bang was the entry point and then time starts and traps us. So we are living in a ???? error state.

I'm saying time has always existed in it's purest form. We can not see further than the BB because light existed as a different form of energy prior to that.

Time itself is a small part in the entirety. Time is also filling a void, as was matter and other energies that were pure. Everything is combining to fill a void.

Edited by Sitting Buddha