How To Make A Stealth Veg Cabinet On A Sunday Afternoon

established1976

Next I add a bolt to both the top and the bottom of the right hand door (as this is the door that closed first it has the timber on it) when positioning the keep (pic 1) we made sure it was in such a place so that it pulls the door real tight against the P section. I bought the bolts for my drobe but never used them so for this build they cost me nothing.

post-22096-1187676578_thumb.jpg

post-22096-1187676881_thumb.jpg

Edited by established1976

I had to remove the cabinet lock so that the doors would fit flush against the timber, it will go back on but this is all I got time for last night. I also siliconed the inside edge of the 3 timber battens to stop light coming though between the timber and the cabinet. I have a few small light leaks to deal with mainly on the center batten (between the 2 doors) but at least now it doesnt look like Im hiding the holy grail in the cabinet now!

Before and after ........ more tweaking to follow .....

(PS the large hole at the top middle is where the lock belongs)

post-22096-1187677351_thumb.jpg

post-22096-1187677548_thumb.jpg

post-22096-1187677556_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Now to fix the left hand door so it stays closed (the right door has the bolts)

We bought 2 'Double Roller Catch' from b&q they cost 53p each (Total cost £1.06)

We simply fitted one to the botton and one to the top of the door in such a fashion that it pulls the door tight against the P section (light proofing)

I chose these as I thought the pull would be greater on this style door catch than say a magnetic one or any other type I saw at the DIY shop.

post-22096-1188216275_thumb.jpg

post-22096-1188216279_thumb.jpg

post-22096-1188216284_thumb.jpg

post-22096-1188216289_thumb.jpg

thanks newbudda & andrewss

I will keep posting updates, I have sneaked in a 2" flouro tube (just for unrooted clones) I found that on a hot day it was running at 28c with the enviro which made my 4 little babies wilt a bit they seem alright under the flouro temps are about 23c could do with being 25c i believe but I seen my first root today :spliff: If when I deem them fit for the enviro it is still running about 28c I will fit another 2 fans (bear in mind its in a room with a radiator), I already got 2 in anticipation same ones as before, I also have 2 push button switches so I can switch one pair or both pairs of fans with the 2 push buttons and finally I got a more powerful mains adaptor the one i got is fine for 2 fans but may possible struggle with 4. I have changed the easy rollers for chains so I can get the enviro higer in the cabinet ... only thing left to think about really is to filter the smell on the extraction but that will be done when needed. I'll post as soon as any of the new stuff goes in ... tbc

Thanks guys !

Today I fitted a filter to stop any unwanted smells escaping the cabinet. I was thinking of making one but for the hassle I cheated and bought a miniture Odorsok. Its 4" diameter and 12" long, cost £25 from local hydro shop.... I also had to modify the extraction and fit a 4" wall flange.

First off I removed my extract fan, I also bought a 2nd fan (same model as last time from maplins). My plan was to fit 2 x 80mm fans inside the 4" wall flange kinda like a home made inline fan. Because of the square edges they wouldnt fit inside the 4" (100mm) wall flange so I trimmed them down and bit and pushed them inside the flange. Its a nice tight fit and I doubt it requires any adhesive or fixings to keep them in place. If you look closely at the 3rd picture you can see the 2nd fan behind the first...

post-22096-1188753982_thumb.jpg

post-22096-1188754018_thumb.jpg

post-22096-1188754028_thumb.jpg

In the first picture you can see I have fitted it to test it before fitting the odorsok

In the 2nd picture you can see I have used some duct tape and electrical tape to keep the odorsok attached to the 4" wall flange.

post-22096-1188754225_thumb.jpg

post-22096-1188754236_thumb.jpg

Once the odorsok was secured to the wall flange then the whole unit was screwed back up to the top right corner of the cabinet (see pic)

Couple of notes :

I swapped the 300mA mains adaptor for a more powerful 1000mA version as I now have 3 fans in total and the old one was just about powerful enough for 2 but no more.

I have yet to test for negative pressure but I assume it will be ok, obviously the odorsok will restrict extraction somewhat which is why I have doubled up the fans. If need be I guess I could run the 80mm intake fan on the spare 300mA mains adaptor at a lower voltage than the 2 extract to reduce the airflow in (If needed)

post-22096-1188754644_thumb.jpg