Digital Ballasts And Lumens/lux?

Guest gunnaknow

Guest gunnaknow

The claims are that digital ballasts can produce up to 30% more light than normal ballasts. Has anyone been able to test how much better they perform with a light meter? If not, can someone with a light meter, a standard ballast and a digital ballast conduct a test to find out and post the results here please? Thanks.

Gunnaknow

The claims are that digital ballasts can produce up to 30% more light than normal ballasts. Has anyone been able to test how much better they perform with a light meter? If not, can someone with a light meter, a standard ballast and a digital ballast conduct a test to find out and post the results here please? Thanks.

Gunnaknow

I've just talked with someone on the phone who SAW a light test done and compared with a light meter :unsure:

He says it def does give off more lumens :yinyang: I'm going to get one so I will test it ;)

Hello scotty,I saw a demo at the 'expo' using a light meter,and yeah a significant increase in lumens was apparent ;)

oops and here he is :yinyang::unsure:

:guitar: OK, I have one, and it's all hooked up B) It certainly looks brighter :geek:

Only complaint so far, and it's NO fault of the UK420 store :smoke: It came with NO plugs on it :ouch:

Anyway it comes with 15ft of wire that hooks up to your shade :guitar: Thing is most shades come with 15ft of wire with a plug :unsure: So I unhooked the shade and hooked up the ballast directly to the shade (earthed) :spliff:

I think for the amount of money they cost it should come plug ready lol The last thing someone wants to do is open a box and see NO plugs :yinyang: Get it sorted the Manufacturer ;)

Anyway after the palava of getting it wired up :headpain:

It seems a great bit of kit, very quiet, gets warn not hot, it is visably brighter, I don't have a light meter but when I get one I will report back :yinyang:

Hi scotty, can u post any pics of how u got it and how its now set up ?

cheers

:headpain:

I don't have pics on how it arrived as it's alreadt going. It came with about 10 inches of wire for yer plug, and 15ft of wire for the shade, just open wire with NO plugs :unsure:

If I was the manufacturer :yinyang: I would get rid of the 15ft of cable and just put a kettle plug on just like all the rest of the ballasts I have. Like I said EVERY shade I have bought comes with at least 15ft of cable :guitar:

Here' some pics, it's hooked up to a Coolwing, I have another Coolwing and I'm awaiting a Y connector to connect them up :spliff:

Like I said above, it's visably brighter :guitar: I have the shade over a 424 tub :yinyang:

P.S it's plugged in to a contactor

post-6058-1137436951_thumb.jpg

post-6058-1137436964_thumb.jpg

post-6058-1137436980_thumb.jpg

post-6058-1137437003_thumb.jpg

Edited by S2001

cheers mate, ive got the same cool wing reflector as u......can u just plug it into the digi ballast ?

;)

NO mate you cant, I think the UK420 store might get on to them and get that soretd ;)

I ended up taking the wiring off the coolwing and hooking up the ballast to the CW :yinyang:

The pain about that is it's all one! The ballast is now connected to the shade, not what I want ;)

A nyway, am away ti test the radio waves around me lol lol

The pain about that is it's all one! The ballast is now connected to the shade, not what I want :spliff:

I suppose the reflector could be fitted with a kettle type socket (on a short bit of suitable cable) and then fit a plug on the end of the cable from the ballast so they can be plugged together/easily seperated?

I suppose the reflector could be fitted with a kettle type socket (on a short bit of suitable cable) and then fit a plug on the end of the cable from the ballast so they can be plugged together/easily seperated?

:bag: yip, have ya ever tried to find a kettle type plug :smug: I was all over the place trying to find a kettle plug lol NO JOY, but I did find a kettly type cable with a plug :spliff: Fact is, you can't buy the kettle plug without cable lol That's what I found, I'm sure if I went online and daradaradarada, I could not find just the plug :smoke: