extractor/ioniser, made for growers?

jock

I thought you would like to hear about a new type of combined air filter/ ioniser. For £39-£49 in argos you can get a hepa class airfilter with built in inioniser that covers 36-56square meters eliminating 95% of all air bourne particles and therfore odours. With the advantage of an ioniser (?for happy plants). I have one for taking smoke smells and pet odour from our entire downstairs area and it does what it says on the box in under 20 mins. Cheap to run at 30-50 watts depending on settin/room size. It will be tried in the grow room next time round.  :oldtoker:

Hey Jock,

I have that piece of kit in the grow-room - good for keeping the air healthy, reducing condensation, bugs and other stuff - plus I think the plants like it - diffiicult to measure  :cool:

obviously - but it certainly helps in maintenance and scientifically - plants grow best near negative ion production - such as ponds, lakes and waterfalls. It removes some of the smell - but I have to have a carbon filter now as the plants can hit you at the front-door.... with a fruity broadside...

:sarcasm:

Very True about the kettle noise, but very worth a try, it can be mounted on a wall etc, i think bolting it down should rmove some of the noise due to vibration. Anyways, worth a try if you can get away with it. :oldtoker:

• 4 weeks later...

I've had one of these things for a while, and was wondering how you'd position them since they have potentially three benefits:

1) As an extractor fan, so the air coming out of the purifier has to be blowing out of the growroom

2) Reduce odour, so the air going into the purifier has to be coming from inside the growroom

both of these fine, but then...

3) As an ioniser, to enhance the grow potential of your plants, which would require the air coming out to be going back into your growroom since this is the ionised air

which would stop the thing working as an extractor fan.

Any thoughts on this? If you put the purifier inside the room would the circling air inside be enough to draw a good supply of fresh air into the room?

Cheers