epsom salts

JollyGoodSmoke

hi all

am suffering a bit of mg def have always heard epsom sorts it out but have never used it

do i just go to the chemist and ask for it

and more imprtantly how much do i add to 10L of nute mix

all the best jgs ^_^

Hi,

Yep just pop into boots and ask for it, just buy the largest packet they have, it's dirt cheap. It's used mainly for constipation, so they may give you a funny look as you are buying loads of it :) .

I am not sure what the recommended is, but I just add 2 tablespoons into my NFT 205 (so adjust accordingly). Mix it up in hot water first to dissolve it and then just stick it in, had to do it quite a bit as my babies were hungry for it in early stages.

Hope that helps

Glowy

Ok JGS you need to check your ph after adding the epsom salts, circulate for an hour or two first, then adjust if outside your range. The tea spoons are level ones by the way.

cheers ot

Off to start local rumours of my chronic constipation...

ahh is this what the salts are used for :puke:

all the best jgs ^_^

In soil based composts a desert spoon to a table spoon to the gallon, its not critical. Disolve it in a little boiling water first. You can also use this strength to mist the plants for quicker effect in veg, but don't do it once the plants are flowering, you don't want it on your buds.

Righto....

They don't seem too much the worse for wear...but all the new growth is much smaller than the previous growth (which went brown due to lack of Mg which is how we started this in the first place...).

Surely I get Muppet of The Week for this? :ouch: