Nutes Shelf life ?

browngreen

Hello all ,quick question if i was to knock up a new res of nutes and ph it how long could i store it in sealed containers b4 it started to deteriate,i only ask cos my mother in law might be able to change nutes while i'm away for a couple of weeks, if it was a simple case of emptying tank and refilling with the nutes i'd prepared b4 i went away.????? (would ph f*ck up etc).

Not sure about the quality of the nutes, but at the end of the day you can leave it in your tank for 2 weeks anyway, and the only reason you change it is because the plants unbalance it with what they take.

The PH will be a problem though as that will fluctuate.

Glowy

Thx for the reply glowy,I think i'll take a chance and mix some nutes and ph balance it,i'll then store it in some sealed containers and get a friend to top up res( instead of a complete change of res contents) every couple of days for the 2 weeks i'm not here.Fingers crossed they'll still be alive when i get home.

I'm guessing here but I think a one part nute such as ionic should be fine whereas a two part nute such as canna may or may not degrade.

One part nutes are designed to be more stable I think.

Only guessing though

npk