purple

Guest wallace

Guest wallace

Hi all, i am currently growing three types of plant,Afgan Skunk,Shiva and Chronic. The leaf stems on all three plants are purple. I was wondering whether or not this normal or whether it is a bad thing?B)

• 2 weeks later...

just see a picture on www.canna.com (in the gallery/pictures/different weeds) showing purple stems n veins and note underneath says its unhealthy they call it a sudden death plant 3 weeks old :)

i have the same prob in a nft system checked the ph level of the nutrients and it was +8.0 (should be 5.8- 6.2) changed nutes now tryin canna aqua vega

jpg image is http://www.canna.com/english/mm/gallery/ga.../gallery/06.jpg

how this helps

Guest wallace

Hi ot1 n ss, is this a sign of a problem? if so how can i solve it next time round because ive just cropped 1 of the three plants and the other 2 are just about to be cropped? The colas are lookin good but alot of the leaves are yellow and falling off. I'm using bio-bizz all-mix with bio bizz grow and bloom in 7.5 L pots and the plants are about 2 ft tall. I've added epsom salts, only about 1/2 a tea spoon twice a few days after i got them and then about 30 days after.

nice 1! B)

Hi Wallace

Leaf stems go purple on some strains, it's natural and actually quite attractive don't you think? ;) Just like on some plants the leaves or flowers or whole plant goes purple.

Leaf yellowing at the end of flowering is also a natural occurence and shows that the plant is ready or nearly ready to be harvested. Cannabis is an annual, that means that all the hope for the next generation goes into the seeds, and the female can only form flowers and wait for the pollen to arrive. As the plant reaches the end of it's natural cycle it starts to break down the stored sugars in the older leaves which go yellow then die and fall off - look at your trichomes cos your plants are probaby ready B)

Happy smoking - you'll know instinctively if you've done it right ;)

Peace

David

I have some SK#1 indoors under 250w HPS.

They were started last November and grew right through the worst of the cold weather.

My growroom is in a lean-to shed and gets quite cold at night. Before I added extra heating,

the plants started turning quite purple at the tops. Keeping the temp above 7C seems

to keep new growth green.

Having said that, I quite like the purple colour :-)

Peace,

Sid..

Guest wallace

B) nice 1 O.D. n sid, much apreciated 4 the info! these are the best 1s ive grown so far after about 1year of growin other strains awell. the shiva weighed in at 2 1/2 oz under a 400w son t, i used to suffer badly with spider mite untilli tried buzz off and it works wonders! cheers again! :ouch: