Garden Growing @ 51N

barryboy

I am considering growing outdoors this year with the relaxation of the laws in the UK and have pretty much picked KC Brains KC33 as the strain because of numerous recommendations and the fact that it is mould resistant.

This year also half of my garden (15x45 ft area) will be converted into a veggie patch for growing numerous vegetables in an attempt to save a few quid and I was thinking of using part of this area to grow the KC33.

My back garden is enclosed and only visible to my 2 neighbours - one of whom has grown cannabis before and will not be a problem, however the other one is an old git that everyone in the street likens to Victor Meldrew - who I stongly assume would grass me up to Old Bill if he suspects that I'm doing anything remotely dodgy!

The factors that still bother me are:

1.  Will I still face a possible prison sentence for growing 4-5 plants for purely personal use in my garden?

2.  Seedsdirect's site says that these plants can grow 3 metres tall - is this true for the UK (51N - South Wales & West area)  As I can enclose a part of the garden that the plants grow in - but not at 3 meters?

3.  What is the best thing to do to camoflage them?

Also has anyone grow KC33 outdoors in the UK? If so, any tips?  And as I've never smoked KC33 before - what is the high like?

Sorry for the mountain of questions but I like to have everything figured out well in advance - sort of war plan thingy!

Thanks in advance Guys & Galls

BB

it sems if puffer is out so maybe i will help

1) about the law

it all depends on how strict the john q law is that busts you,

some might see it as a misdemeanour and some as an offence

i dont think it would be to bad nowadays though

2) when seedbanks list the size of the strain that usually reperesents how high it could get outside i optimum conditions

i doubt that the uk can give many strains their optimum conditions

3) you could train them to a screen so they get no higher than your garden fence ,but you would need the horizontal space to spread them out

i havnt grown kc33 yet , do you have some info on the strain ,for example its genetic make up ,what plants kc brains crossed to get the 33?

this would give you an example of growing conditions and climates needed for the plant

Guest THE PUFFER

1 - Only do it if you are safe from prying eyes.

2 - Yes MJ can easily grow to 3 metres in this country.

3 - There are a lot better mold resistant outdoor strains available than KC33.

4 - Remember your buds will have loads of seed if you just plant out regular plants/seeds.

There is no easy answer to camoflauge the plants. They grow vigorous and wild like they should, and unless either stealth growing or bonsaing, your best bet is to plant where they won't be seen.

The laws may seem to be slacking off but remember Colin Davies is still on remand for an MJ case and I doubt any police force will take a blind eye.

Outdoor growing does need a lot of careful planning.

• 1 month later...

A couple of comments based on reading rather than experience.

1) 51N varies a lot, e.g. in central Bristol we have our own micro climate similar to Cornwall and the Western Isles that would work well for outdoor growing, 15 miles south on the top of the Mendips is more like the North York Moors, cold windy and wet.

2) A lot of outdoor strains have been bred for the cooler climes of the Netherlands and should do fine over here

3) Many commercial outdoor growers have been heavily training their plants for years to avoid spotting, particularly from the air in Oz, and this will also improve your yield.

4) Whether you will do a stretch is determined by many factors including the individual nicking you, the local force's unofficial policy and current arrest stats, the individual judge's outlook, whether you are a medi user (and your doc confirms this), whether you are an "otherwise responsible member of society" i.e. no previous convictions, job, family commitments, etc., whether you could have "perverted minors" (could kids find your grow/stash?  did you smoke in front of them?), etc.  Get informed, study the court reporting in the local paper and weigh the risks carefully.

Hope this is of some use ;)

Yep, it all depends where you are Re the law! If you can't do the time, don't do the crime - its as simple as that!

Only one thing to add on the growing front: you could always keep them in pots, and control the light period by way of removing the plants into a shed or other dark place each day at the appropriate time. That way you save on the height problem, and get better buds because you can finish off in high summer with less risk of mould.