Dog poo tea?

Vlad (the impala)

-having gazed at the exotica that our American cousins use to make organic mixes, I've been looking for cheap available substitutes in the UK - whilst browsing the Organja site, I noticed that the NPK of "dog stuff" is virtually the same as bat guano - therefore, if I make up my organic growing mix, could I not feed "dog turd tea" to aid flowering without all the hassle of sourcing exotic poo?

I do not think it is a good idea to use raw dog shit or any raw shit come to that. It needs composting first through a hot compost system. Dogs can carry some very nasty pathogens that affect humans. Bat guano is many years old, even so often causes fungal problems, personally it has caused me problems.

For Phosphorous ground rock phosphate is pretty good and for potassium the waste from organic chocolate production is pretty good.

Take a look in the organic finder The Organic Gardening Catalogue stock both items,

• 1 month later...