Grow room feedback

hemp playboy

Get-cha grow room feedback here... feedback here...

:)

If this doesn't make sense - I have added my grow room to the gallery. It's in the budshot section.

If you have any comments - please make them here to avoid having to reload those picture-laden pages...

tata!

:rock:

Hemp Playboy, :rock:

Thanks So Much for that Bud, For someone like myself who's just starting to grow an insight what just what I was looking for.....Must have took ages hp??

But thank you.

HP  Your Veg Chamber was something I was also thinking about building.

I am well Impressed Bud, The design is perfect & I was wondering how large the size of it was HP.

The set up I'm settin' up is the 9 Pot Hydropot kit as You know, & I was just wondering if the box would have to be that large to cater for my 9 Pots,  

Or could I look at building something smaller than yours ? As I remember it HP you have A FEW more plants than 9! :)

I am really Impressed HP & could ask more....But I think I'll save it for another post for now,

I think You've done enough today mate,  :rock:

Thanks again,

Peace HP,

ZigZag. :peace:

Cool ZigZag,

It's about 6 foot across, 5 feet high and about 4 feet deep. I think if you had 9 pots it could be a bit smaller - for sure. I had to decide the size based on the tank I was going to put in it.

Also it's good to have a shelf for Mothers to live - saves creating a separate space. Down the other end I plan to have a plastic curtain to separate a breeding female and male (for two weeks the chamber is in flower mode).

I did plan it reasonably carefully - and it was the first woodwork I'd done for 20 years - but it felt good - especially as it works just as well as the HPS did in vegging mode - as you can put the bulbs 2" from the tops = mucho lumens... and less than a quarter of the cost to run it (it's on 20/4 permanently) - bulb life - 17k hours. El cheapo rodders...

catch ya later ZZ

:alien:

Thats great HempPlayboy,

Hemp Playboy,  Thank You very much for sharing Your information.

I will make the Veg Chamber smaller for myself but I will take your advice about the shelf space for mother plants for when I gain a bit more experience.........It will obviously be more economical to go this way/Vegging plants & mothers sharing the same light.

Thanks to your pictures & advice HP I now have a platform to work from.

I also plan to undertake the woodwork myself & I also find it very rewarding to do so HP.

Hemp Playboy I would like to ask about the propagation chamber Sir.

I have started building my own Prop'' Chamber HP,

I have made the frame work from 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch timber & a friend of mine is making a sliding tray for the bottom of it for me........Nothing fancy HP but he's a joiner & I'm not & he owes me a couple of favours.

I also have four lights HP that I was hoping to use for the lighting for the Chamber, But was'nt sure if they would be good enough.

They are made by Sylvania HP & are Lynx Le 55w Energy Saver Cool White De Luxe 535mm long.

I have four all brand new HP & was going to put them 2 together & two long for the Chamber will measure 1200mm.

They are a slim twin tube light HP & they join together right near the bottom of the tubes by a small bridge within the actual glass.

The other end obvioulsly has the plug in connector for the mains HP.

Do You think they will be up to job HP?

I was hoping to use them for no other reason but I already have them & that would = No cost for lighting for my Prop''

Chamber.

The only other thing that I am scratching my head at HP eveytime I look at Your Pic's & My Framework & get nothing but that  :confused:

Feeling is the light lowering mechanism for the lights.

Do you know of a Mechanism that could be made by a complete dumbass!

My skills are limited HP but my determination is not.

I just cant work out the best way to go with this one HP & was wondering if you were a little more educated in the field??  

I'm going to clad the sides this weekend & was going to put the lights in next HP.

I was going to screw all 4 onto a thick strip of painted white m.d.f. 2 Long & 2 either side.

I just want to make them go up & down fairly easy once there in HP so any ideas you may also have will be more than welcome HP!

I am aware of the time you have spent doing all of this for the good of us Newbies..That's me!,& everyone else HP, & I would just like to say thank You again Bud for all You have done,

Without your help & advice & the help & advice that I have obtained from the rest of the GrowTeam...Not to mention the Free Seeds!....Thanks UK420 I would still be non the wiser in the field of Growing.

As it is though Thanks to You I am all set to go nearly.

So my thanks is the least I can give.

I hope to talk more soon HP & hope you dont mind the questions Bud?

I bet You wish you never said you take some pic's now HP! ;)

But my questions are all in the need of knowledge if that is any consolation.

O.K HP I'll leave it there for now but I have more........ :0

But not at the mo' Eh?

I've just heard my toast pop up!

Thank again HP. :rock:

Top Man Nothin' Less.

Regards,

ZZ. :alien:

Love the pics HP!  My growing plans have been set back 2 months due to an unfortunate underpaying of tax, thats gonna cost me £600 over 2 months  :0

But as soon as I find my feet again it'll be game on!

ZigZag - I will come and visit you soon mate to check your progress, I am quite technical so may be able to help in some aspects! (Not to undermine the outstanding Hemp Playboy of course  :alien:  )

No Probs Splan My Man,

An Invite to my house is always an open Invite where Your concerned Mate.  :2finger:

Whenever Your ready is when You can come: In laymens terms...Anytime. :alien:

Respect. :rock:

ZZ.

No probs -

The lights sound fine for propogation - as they're low energy the heat output tends to be low - and that's the most important thing at that size - they're pretty feeble.

A lowering mechanism is difficult: This is what I came up with after a good hour of thinking hard.

Firstly - no fulcrums. If you twist the rope around anything, it puts a lot of stress on the frame - so just drill a hole in the top of each side of the cabinet. Large washers are used to ring this hole (again to spread the pressure) and thread the rope through the hole and the washer. The other end is attached to the light-cradle.

To hold them in place is a block of wood at each hole - about twice the thickness of a Mars bar (the longer it is the more distributed the pressure on the hole is). The rope is wound round it using a slip-knot. So when you lower you just loosen the knot slightly - and to raise you rotate the block moving the knot around it. It's extremly easy to use and you can be very accurate with tiny movements.

I was pretty chuffed - it's never messed up or slipped - so it gets a design approval.. from hp labs :thumbs:

Everything else sounds fine - it's only a matter of time. Adding the veg and propogating chambers takes the time down from 14 weeks per harvest - down to 6 weeks with careful planning - every six weeks bud rolls off the production line...

ah! the smell of it!!!

:rude:

Many Thanks Hemp Playboy,

I will try the way You have suggested HP,

It sounds great  & I have tied it up with Your Pic's as much as I can to understand it as best as possible.

Many Thanks HP.

I am looking forward to finishing both....Prop' First...Veg' second.

I will use the lights for the prop' chamber, Thanks for the advice HP.

The sound of Bud every 6 weeks sounds great!! HP,

I will use the Hps light for veg' on the first grow just to get going quicker then introduce the Prop' & Veg' chambers on the second grow.

That will give me enough time to manufacture both chambers & then start Vegging' My second Grow when the Hps in being use to flower My first Grow.

Thanks Again HP for the Advice & Info', Tis much Appreciated.

Gonna go & have a look at Your Pic's again I think HP.

Regards,

ZigZag. :)

Good to hear ZZ,

I am making some mods to the room at the moment - looking to extend the propogation period to increase the vegging time so they get three weeks as seedlings, then four veg (7 in total) which should improve the root structure before flowering.

I will let you know my final schedule - when I've finished tweaking it. Getting all three chambers working to full capacity takes 3 grows - but after that it should be consistent - giving predictable results.

tata!

I very much look forward to hearing your results HP,

Thank You very much for that.

I would like to think that I could possibly get it so consitent HP,

Something to aim for I believe.

I have put My 4 Rhino seeds down on saturday into rockwool cubes & my wife has phoned earlier to say that she thinks one has popped up for she can see a shell casing on top of the cube............Something must have pushed it up!.......

I shall investigate when I get home & let You know HP.

Many Thanks again HP,

Kind Regards,

ZZ. :)