my lighting

los gimpos

well, i've got two 36 watt flouros on my seven plants which are a week old. they are in about three feet of space, so that works out to be 24 watts per foot. how long till i need more light, and how much more will i need? will a 400 watt sodium bulb be enough? thanks for any answers peeps, peehce!

Hi there los gimpos

The norm seems to be about 50 watts a sqaure ft so you might just fall short try to make your space a bit smaller you will get a better result or go for a 600 watt light B) it all depends on your situation hope this helps

Hi los gimpos

If the space you've got can't be increased then I think a 400w may be overkill. A 250w light would give you 83 w per sq ft which should be plenty.

npk

yo, im getting another 30 watt flourescant from a friend tonight, and then for the flowering stage hes giving me a 250 watt sodium bulb, that should be perfs :)

los gimpos -

I don't know if you're aware that you'll need more than just a bulb??

You'll need the ballast, a lampholder, a reflector, a contactor and a timer for the sodium light.

Chez

yeah, no its aight he used to grow but is just taking a break so im getting his ballast, reflector etc. basically all what i need :ninja: but anyway with all this will 3 x 36watt flourecent with a 250watt sodium be enough to go through flowering of somewhere between 5 and 7 plants? Im planning to have each one not much over two feet high, thanks peeps, peehce

hi lg

wots the square footage of your space if its 1.5 foot then id say your putting 2 many plants in there

can u give us the actual dimensions so we can help u more

all the best jgs :ninja:

p.s welcome to the site mate

Edited by JollyGoodSmoke

yeah, no its aight he used to grow but is just taking a break so im getting his ballast, reflector etc. basically all what i need :ninja: but anyway with all this will 3 x 36watt flourecent with a 250watt sodium be enough to go through flowering of somewhere between 5 and 7 plants? Im planning to have each one not much over two feet high, thanks peeps, peehce

well um sorry guys, dunno what happened there... anyway sorry, well basically my grow area is adjustable length wise and the height is about three-three and a half feet. the width/depth is only about a foot and a half.

Okay at either end there are two cupboards which the floor goes into, they can be moved closer or futher apart. get it? i would post a photograph but the batteries on my cam are out :blub: anyway yeah just to clarify then, the height is about 3.5 feet, the depth 1.5 feet and the distance between the 2 cupboards is adjustable. :cat: thanks, peehce!