how easy is it?

reefman

I have been smoking bud for ages, but i want to get into growing, but havent the slightest idea how.

Can someone tell me how easy it is and how much it would cost for a set-up to supply me and a couple of mates?

Guest THE PUFFER

Typical question but with no typical answer....it's by no means easy to produce quality buds from start to finish and takes years of fine tuning to get it exactly right.

It will depend on how much you and your mates smoked. Say you and your buddies smoke 1/2 oz each a week, you have to multiply 1.5 oz x 12 weeks (minimum time to produce, from seed)...that means you would have to yield 18 ounces every 3 months, which also means unless you have 2 or more lights, you will have to grow your plants bigger and that will take longer than 3-4 weeks to produce that yield, extending 12 weeks to probably 14 or so.

Unfortunately its not just throw a seed in a pot, put it in a lighty cupboard and wait....you can do it that way, the quality just won't be there though.

PEACE

:)

Hi reefman,

Well the man says it all depends.

Start by looking around the forums here and elsewhere it will give you sone ideas as what to do next.

I started 8 years ago growing some thai grass using seeds that  were in some dope that i bought, i started off growing them in small pots with just some compost and a light and just learned from there on in.

Back then there wer eno forums or any on line help but i kept at it and learned from my mistakes.

So get your self some seeds, compost if you want to start growing dope in soil ( or if you want to go the hydro route that  a different ball game altogether), some perlite and some big containers in which to put the soil and perlite and the seed.

Also a light will be needed as well, either fluro or HID.

I would advise buying a book on the subject.

there is no better start to cultivating ,they explain everything (just about) some better than others ,

the best book i have so far is "indoor mariuana horticulture" by Jorge Cervantes ,this book covers most of the subjects a up and coming (and even experienced growers) need covered ,a must buy for the budding grower in my opinion

i also have "mariuana indoor growers guide" by Mel Frank but i dont think the black and white (dot matrix) pictures do much to make the book look good (how many o's did i just use :D )

:peace:  :)

Go hydro its cleaner and simple to understand +plus real quick.

www.growell.com for kit best value £270 for everything which includes your 400 watt light, tank, blocks etc....

The best thing about nft you cant over water which can be a big problem starting in soil.

Soil is very good also but I find NFT the best.

Sorry all you guys with dirt under the nails

:D

:)

i agree with cleaner ,but as a hydro man myself i have to say its definalty more a exacting science ,which i prefer (bit more control)

its not as easy as soil but its not that far behind

:D  :peace:  :)