What Seed Type For Conservatory?

hankchinaski

Hello all,

I have never grown before, but I have a conservatory and a bit of urethritis so I thought with spring coming I would marry the two together give it a go, could anyone advise a strain that works best under the following

1) Grown in a conservatory, (I hope to add artificial light to make up for cloudy days)

2) First grow and I have no experience, so a hardy low maintenance type of plant would probably be best.

3) Feminised seeds available (are they all feminised?)

4) a fast growing type (if one exists?)

On point 1, all I want to do is buy a bulb that I could screw into a lamp, is there a type I should look out for?

Thanks for any help

oh and whilst I'm asking, does anyone know if the grow shop in Easton in Bristol is a good place to get a bulb?

If you're growing in a conservatory you will have to bear in mind that cannabis relies on uninterrupted darkness to flower.

When you say "bulb" - I suppose you realise you need a ballast (control gear) ?

An HPS is the ideal lighting to supplement daylight and will cost £80 plus ...

Growing in a greenhouse with supplementary lighting and automatic blackouts is a dream for most of us but it's far from stealthy . Bear in mind that cannabis pongs like no other plant !

You can get everything you need right here. :headpain:

Edited by compostverte

If you're growing in a conservatory you will have to bear in mind that cannabis relies on uninterrupted darkness to flower.

When you say "bulb" - I suppose you realise you need a ballast (control gear) ?

An HPS is the ideal lighting to supplement daylight and will cost £80 plus ...

Growing in a greenhouse with supplementary lighting and automatic blackouts is a dream for most of us but it's far from stealthy . Bear in mind that cannabis pongs like no other plant !

You can get everything you need right here. :headpain:

For the uninterrupted darkness bit I thought I would just turn of the lights at night?

Hadn't really looked at ballast? I figured I would switch on the light at sunup, and turn it off at sundown?

I live in a detached house, and nobody can see into my conservatory and its got a big fan in the ceiling so I am hoping that I wont get the old bill knocking down my door.

any ideas what seeds would be best?

Guest B.F.G.W

hi hank

good luck with whatever you do and you will get some great advice on here

only new to growing myself so dont know much

if your fan is one of those central fans with a light bulb in the middle which it sounds like

and depening on the size of you conservatory

i think you will find its only good enough to move air around

and trust me you will need extraction and it will stink

also if you have an outside light that shines on roof of conservatory bit of washing left on line over night will have light going on and off all night

no good during flowering period

im sure more help will be along in a min

someone will have grown in a conservatory before

any way good luck

If you're planning to use supplemementary lighting you might as well go the whole hog and build a cabinet.

(a secondhand wardrobe will do.)

No matter what you do, the pong will reach your front door.

Are you sure you never have visitors. ? - even the meter reader. ?

The light should be switched on and off using a timer plus a relay to stop it sticking on.

Regarding seeds the world's your oyster.

If you want a med strain that will help your condition without getting you stoned, I would check out the med. forum.

I just watched that 90 min chronic cultivation video made in Canada by the guy in the green make up so I have a better clue now.

After reading here I dont really want to make a cabinet, but I can see the benefit of masking the smell.

I think I will keep it all as simple as possible, try to do the vegetation stage in April, may, June ish combining florescent and ambient light , then when summer kicks in I will reduce the light to 12 hours , hopefully the combined natural and florescent in June , July & August will be enough . The smell will be an issue, but I'm hoping that if I keep the area well ventilated and don't let it build up that will suffice lol , not sure there is much hope of that though.

Edited by hankchinaski