Drying In The Cold

wintermute

Do i have to dry bud in heated conditions? I got a gift of 2oz of half dried AK47. I want to finish it off right but i got lots of visitors commin so whiffy weed round the house is a no no (says the missus). Can i dry in the unheated outhouse? Temp in Glasgow between 6 and -6 c at the moment. Any thots?

I'm by no means an expert, but I would guess in the cold its more likely to go mouldy than dry out. Can you get any heat to the out house?

At worst you may need to speed dry it somehow.

Sorry I can't be more specific. :santa:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi wintermute.

I wouldn't worry about the cool temps for drying. Usually, the cold will mean less humidity. Especially when it's frosty coz all the moisture freezes!

Just make sure you keep the air moving around the budz, but avoid frosts, so you will need some kind of background heat if it's in an outhouse during frosts.

Sorry, this post may be a little late to help you,

Nomy.

• 9 months later...

Hey man. I've heard from a friend whos dad has been growing for a while and she said to dry it quickly.....put da bud in a sock and put a alastic band around (to make sure no bud falls out) and put it in a tumble drier. sorry m8 but i don't know how long to put it in for, but hope that helped you.

Peace and happy tokin lol

From what i remember, drying conditions are optimal when you have perfect darkness, airflow without it beeing gailforce, 10-15 deg celcius, and hanging up side down.

Detoxed

Hey man. I've heard from a friend whos dad has been growing for a while and she said to dry it quickly.....put da bud in a sock and put a alastic band around (to make sure no bud falls out) and put it in a tumble drier. sorry m8 but i don't know how long to put it in for, but hope that helped you.

Peace and happy tokin lol

Sorry mate ;)

That sounds about the quickest route to ruining your bud and making the last 3 or 4 months work and risk, totaly pointless !!

Heat and light both degrade the thc and make the high less potent which = less high

Cannabis needs to be dried slowly in a cool dark enviroment with good air circultion but not directly in front of a fan for at least 10 days.

Once its dry it then needs to be cured for at least a few weeks before its fit to smoke. ;)

Peace

Joolz