Genetics For The Uk

impsvi

As most outdoor growers know genetics makes a big differnce to the sucsses of a harvest, especially in the UK with our random weather.

I dont know if its me but i cant seem to find enough about strains that work well in the UK. I can never trust beeders stats, such as when the plant is finshed.

So how about if everyone that has grown outdoors, reviews how well suited the strain they grew was to the uk, its yeild and type of high.

If we all do this im sure a nice lil database will form helping people choose the best strains for the uk. (might need to pin topic)

Durban posion breed by Dutch passion, (grown 2002)

This strain finshed compleatly by around october the 15th, the buds seemed quite compact for a sativa but hardly any molding occured, plant grew to about 4-5ft, yeild was nice my plant yeilded around 4oz while my mates smaller plant got around 2 or 3 oz. I did have a problem with the fact they are feminised as 1 plant was male and another hermie (2/10 not female). The plant grew well over the summer and never seemed short of water (we never watered our durbans). Leafs were unlike sativa they were broad and quite dark, they turned to auterm coulers in late season. Potency seemed ok but im sure it could have been better if i didnt use the random orchid fert (doh). The high seemed sativa dominent, music and persanol thought worked well with durban. Didnt seem any good in social occasions.

overall i would say this plant will gareentee you bud, but not the best outdoor bud.

Early pearl breed by Sensi seeds (grown 2001) (only one plant)

This strain fished compleatly by november 15th, (estimate as i harvested around november 7th) this caused mayjor greif as i had to construct a transparent tent around the plant. The buds were uncompact (airy) and quite leafy. Mold was a problem towards the end (altho i think it was bad year for rain). This plant grew hudge like sativas do. It grew to around 7-8.5 ft, yeild was around 7-10 ounces. The plant had buetiful thin leafs, the structure of the plant was chrismas tree like (unless topped alot). The plant grew VERY fast from june to october but started flowring to late (preflowers showed late summer tho). I did give this plant extra water but it could have survived without this. Also i grew this plant in clay/loam soil and hell did it have one hudge ass root system, plently of root space for this strain i rekon. Potency was impressive seemed to be stronger than the majorty of "street skunks" but the bud needed alot of trimming cos alot of leaf. The high was sativa dominent, but worked well in a variety of situations.

overall this plant makes lots of nice bud but finshes to late.

This year im intresed in purple haze but dont no much, accept some second hand info saying it worked outdoors.

Please share ur outdoor growin experences with other strains...............

Unknown Thai sativa (grown 2002)

This strain came from some random "thai weed"

The plant was simular to early pearl in appearence with very thin sativa leaf, this plant formed a christmas tree structure and shape. It grew fast over the summer. Flowering began around early october and when plant was harvested (november 5th) it was no were near finsihed, esitmate finshing time would have been mid december. Buds were small but abundant, quite airy. No mold occured, and even tho the plant was in early flowering yeild was still nice due to plant size (around 2 ounces of immerture bud) potency was average to poor as the plant was undeveloped, high seemed quite mellow only buzzy when smoked loads of it.