'negative Diff'

faustus

greetings all,

enclosed in the instructions of the test-tube shaped reflector known as the coolshade (yeah the overpriced one) is a strange tip.

its asserts that a 'negative diff' promotes shorter internodal spacing and stockier plants, where 'diff' is the light period ambient temp minus the dark period ambient temp. ie. hotter at night (but obviously not over 81deg. F during flowering at any time)

having never heard such a claim, i seek any information on this topic.

is it a growroom myth or a supercrop secret? probably neither but i should be more optimistic.

tjeers for now,

faustus

true, it's to do with the internal chemical processes speeding up and slowing down

in relation to temp change,warm days and lower night temp will result in plants stretching during the dark period. less fluctuation and the plant can do what it does best drink and get fat.

sittingrelaxing :oldtoker:

• 4 weeks later...

my buddy is almost done w/ a grow that has warmer temps in the dark and cooler light periods and 12 hours didnt do it for flowering. had to go to 10 1/2 to start flowering and yep nice tight spacing. went 2 1/2 weeks of 12 hour light trying to flower then had to keep going down till it happened, mean time it put out more bud sites without much vertical grow. :cell:

cant wait to see how budding turns out