Back Garden Grow

kal17117

hi all,

i,m planning on an outdoor grow this coming year in the back garden. i want put the plants straight in to the ground.security is preety good, but the problem is a street light at the bottom of the garden. is this going to have an adverse affect on my plants during the flower period.

any comments would be helpfull.

peace. kal....

hi kal,

IMHO,i think the street light will cause you problems,not that i have grown outside,but i do know how important it is to avoid light leakage

during the dark hours,nd that is what i base my assumption on.

peace

john

Hi again kal and john.

I think this is such an important issue and am desperate for definative answers (or at least a variety of opinion ;) ) on the subject.

I've read around about light leakage and that this can turn females hermie, or otherwise screw them up when in 12/12. I've seen it written that even the light from the flame of a match (so presumably for a very short period) during lights-off can mess things up!

I'm a bit confused, because if growing outside, surely a plant will never experience total darkness (moonlight, peripheral/ambient street lighting, etc.).

How does this work? Will all outside plants be in some way "messed up"? What implications does this have for an inside grow? In what ways can a female be messed up by light leakage? How much light will create problem?

Could anyone "shed some light" on the topic?

:P

Woof

well if i remember corectly it doesnt matter how long u expose the plant to light in its dark period if it gets bright enough light its gonna mess it up.

So basicly its all about how intense the light is and how quickly it changes (moon light is not so intensce, it still gets dark and therefore the plant has its dark period)

I still cant explain nightime lightning storms or clouds passing the bright moon.

U could always plant a big tree or srub to block the light, or maybe some vandalism is in order (only joking).

You could always try a strain that goes into flower regardless of photoperiod.

Stuporsonic by Sagarmatha Seeds is one such strain. I'm sure other people here can tell you of others.

The following is part of a post by the Mod of the Sagarmatha Seeds forum on CW

The topic is here

http://www.cannabisworld.com/ubb/Forum19/H...TML/000112.html

Stuporsonic is a nordic variety. It has an indica growth pattern: short plants, big buds, lethargic stone.

Often people who smoke it will sit silently in a circle, their minds slowing to a halt, and their bodies completely relaxed.

The difference with other heavy indicas is that Stuporsonic will start flowering 4 weeks after sprouting. The males will typically flower first, followed by the females 1 week later.

This makes cloning not as easy as it could be, because the plants will be flowering.

The advantages are:

The males are only taking up space for 4 weeks.

If you have a problem with keeping the room darkened enough, Stuporsonic won't mind at all.

Ideal for outdoor where there is no real darkness due to lamp posts, headlights from cars, etc.

Peace - npk