Northern Lights Trend

Glowy

Hi,

Does anyone know how Northern Lights normally grows, I am a newbie on my first grow and I just want to know what to look for/expect really?. At the moment I have two healthy looking plants one 16 inches and the other 10 inches at the moment and quite bushy?, they don't seem to be shooting upwards very rapidly, but are getting very bushy.

Is there any books or websites that detail the growing traits of different strains?

:oldtoker:

Glowy

Sounds like they're doing fine Glowy. NL is an idica strain so should be relatively short and bushy...having said that even indicas will streatch a fair bit in the first few weeks of 12/12 so make sure you've got plenty of head room :oldtoker:

hi glow

im growing bb which is mainly indica i think

but as Mr b says they sometimes stretch in 12/12 mine r now around 4 to five feet tall diddn't think theyed stretch that far :o

but i did veg for longer after the dog decided he liked the taste of them early in vegging :D

all the best jgs :oldtoker:

Hello Glowy,

Your Oasis will naturally grow short and bushy. They will double in height (at least) when you go 12/12 so bear that in mind with regard to your headroom.

I had one that went 4 or 5 inches over the rest but generally, they tend to be very uniform in growth.

They carry their weight on the central cola so I decided not to top them.

Hope this helps...

Regards

chrisesq

Hi,

Cheers for that, I have plenty of room at the moment, but it's always good to be sure as I don't want any of those buds burning in flower. I will see how big they are this Saturday and will probably switch to 12/12 then, and they shouldn't go much above 4ft.

:oldtoker:

G

• 4 weeks later...

I snipped sample buds from a NL starting at week 6. Very up high from the 6 week stuff. Felt like it didn't work but I got a 30+ streak on freecell in next to no time. I usually only manage 6-10 before losing concentration and screwing up.

..having said that even indicas will streatch a fair bit in the first few weeks of 12/12 so make sure you've got plenty of head room :huh:

Thats a relief - was gonna ask a Q about this......my Northen Lights in is its first couple of weeks of flowering and she's stretching like mad. Will she calm down and bush out then?

Tibs B)

Tibs NL usually stretches for 17 to 21 days on 12/12.

Normally the branches are formed during the veg period then they also stretch with the main cola. Sounds like your plant is mainly a single cola.

What you should be seeing right now are little clusters of pistils at each leaf node. As the plant settles into full flowering mode these clusters will expand and join up along the stem forming one large [hopefully] cola.

uh oh i could be in for some bother then if they double height as i put them into 12/12 quite late,one is already at around 3.5ft and if it doubbles its gonna be monstrous