Super Silver Haze

Dr Albs

Hi all

I am starting my next grow and was wondering....

Does anyone have any experience with Mr Nice Super Silver Haze? :unsure:

It would be great to get some idea of what i am embarking on with this one!

....both good and bad :)

(I will be growing it in a 205 NFT tank - if anyone was wondering)

Look forward to hearing from you - whoever you are!

Smokin'

Dr Albs

lol

Hello doc,

I don't grow it but I know a friend who does :D She said that it is very manageable as haze crosses go, with an indica structure from the dash of Northern lights in it and some variability in the phenotypes, but nowhere near the extreme variablility of jack Herer which is bred from similar building blocks. She also said that it is a bugger to manicure due to high leaf, cal. ratio. I've smoked it and very good it was too, the tell tale cats piss stench of haze coming through nicely; good for given inexperienced loudmouths whiteys according to the female in question, should that be your bag :)

She tied the plants down going into 12/12 as they do stretch a bit, but nothing like Neville's haze. Sounds like a nice hazey, indoor plant.

Hope that helps a bit.

U

Hi utopiate

Thanks for the comments !

I will post updates of the grow as it progresses!

It looks like a really interesting one! Hopefully it will be mind blowing!

Later and thanks for the reply! :huh:

smokin'

Dr A

:oldtoker:

Looking out for the updates Dr Albs ;)

Have you germinated seeds yet?

If you get a good germ' rate, I'm going to get some myself and hopefully get them started before xmas.

MYH lol

Hi MYH

I have been doing some research on SSH and Mr Nice seeds generally.

I planted them a week ago today - and the first one has germinated - as of this morning (3 more to go)! Always a nice site ;) and a huge relief!

BTW - If you buy Mr Nice seeds, it is worth knowing that the breeder & expert behind it all is a chap called Shantibaba.

He also happens to be a moderator on www.cannabisworld.com under the Mr Nice Seed Bank forum.

Therefore if you have specific questions / problems invloving Mr Nice seeds - Shantibaba will help you HIMSELF. How cool is that?

I even read a post where Shanti had sent a grower a load of replacement seeds because of poor germination. Again how cool is that!

I will keep you all updated on the grow!

Later

Dr A

lol

I have also found Shanti to be very helpfull(when problems did arise).

I sure hope that the germination probs with Mr Nice seeds is history and everything is back to normal!!

and the first one has germinated - as of this morning (3 more to go)! Always a nice site  and a huge relief!

One down three to go :P

Cheers MYH ;)

Hi MYH

So far so good - 4 out of 4 have germinated and are looking really nice! They all came through exactly 7 days after planting and have started life with vigour. Can already see that they will be quite stretchy!

I will be transplanting them in 4 or 5 days time - dont want them too big! cant wait!

Best of luck with yours - keep us informed!

I will try to post some pics later!

Smokin'

Dr A

Agh, thats good to hear Dr A.

Thanks for the germination update.

I think you will be growing some killer weed there.

I cant wait to try for myself now, I may even give Mr Nice's Shit another go aswell :(

MHY.

BTW: Dr A, did your seeds come in the new Yallow packet?

Hi man

They are now nearly 3 inches and are on their 4th set of leaves.

They came in a mostly green packet with a piccy of howie on the front - why ? are the yellow packet ones the new ones?

I like the look of da Shit, btw ;)

Later

Dr A

:D

Hi there Dr A,

As you probably know Mr Nice had a problem with their seed stock earlier this year.

All retailers were re-stocked with new seeds in the new Yellow packets.

What you got sounds like the old packet. The problems were all to do with germination and viability so your seeds are obviously ok :D

MYH.

Hi man

Thanks for that! I am lucky! :angry:

BTW - I have spoken with Shantibaba. He reckons it is cool to go 10/14 for the last couple of weeks of flower to speed things up and reduce flowering time by a week or so.

Later

Dr A

Hey Dr A

Glad to hear that the Mr Nice SSH are going well. You mentioned that you liked the look of the Shit, well, you've got a good eye! I'm growing it out at the moment and the buds are fuckin' great! The plant is compact but with long fat resinous buds. I pinched out a couple of times so each plant had 4 main leads, and tied down a bit to open out the canopy and fill the growing area. 6 plants on an NFT 424 (although 2 are really runty due to the fact I didn't check the tank angle at the start of the grow and they lost out on nutes), they seem to love it.

Interesting about the seeds - the ones I bought were in the green pack. 11 germed, 4 didn't grow any more than the cotelydon, the rest all turned out fem, no hermies. I've kept a genotype that's showing a lot of purple colouring (the spare clones were put in the garden and a couple produced lovely purple colour), and one that is particularly compact and bushy.

Nice to know that you can call on the breeder if needed aswell - how many people offer that?!

Thanks for your reply Mr B!

I reckon Shit will be on the xmas list!

Glad to hear all is going well with your grow!

I will keep you posted on the SSH.

Later

:oldtoker: