I've had to use 10ml of pH down...

Muggles

to get my pH down to 5.7/8. I live in a hard water area (south coast), so I'm using Canna vega 'hard'. Will having to use this amount of pH down affect the uptake of certain nutrients, and, if it does, how can it be remedied? :ghost: Thankyou in anticipation :woot:

I've finally gone live, again... :o :P

Hello there, just wondering what type of pH down you are using. I hear that phosphoric acid affects the nutrient uptake more than nitric acid does, as for why i have no idea and i'm sure someone will know alot more about it than myself. Been awhile since i did any chemistry...seems like a million years ago (although it's only about 6 years) but i don't think i was paying attention anyway :P

Hope that helps a bit.

Good luck

KC

Cheers KC. I'm using phosphoric acid pH down. I'm sure I read the same as you, somewhere, ref: types of pH down having different effects. It's not terminal, I would just like to know lol

I'll just chip in too - I live in a very hard water area - not far from you - switch to nitric acid - you put less of it in, to achieve the same results.

As far as I'm aware there are not real changes in nutrient absorption - nothing that's alarmed me anyway - and as you use a lot less - I'd prefer less to be ending up inside me. (kinda)

Growell - do a separate bottle of nitric - cheaper than phosphoric - and aimed at hard water users.

tata

hp