Progress And Mites!

Parlance

Hi all,

Just thought I would post a couple of pics of my progress.

First off a pic of the greenhouse and the more importantly the right hand side (missus is growing tomatoes etc. on the left).

Then a shot of my cola-esque efforts (Skunk #11 for those that havent read my other posts).

Then disaster image - following Buddin Hippy's tale of woe - signs of what I think are spider mites! Borg bastards! Not sure what to do so I shall be doing a lot of reading tonight. Any advice welcome.

Cheers

Parlance

post-15337-1158074193_thumb.jpg

Edited by Parlance

Guest Blabblabberbab

Yup that looks like the borg to me lol either that or thrips, can't quite see - SB Plant Invigorator or/and BuzzOff for Borg should do the trick but I don't know about thrips I think I read Buzzoff works - Scotts Bug clear definately kills them but is really nasty chems to be spraying this far in.

Looks like they haven't started to flower too much so you might be alright - squish the little feckers! If you can see eggses underneath on one or 2 leaves I snick them off....

Edited by Blabblabberbab

Aha - further inspection shows plenty of the bugger crawling about - have got a bottle of SBPI on the way to me as we speak.

I have started the slaughter of the not-so innocents - wipe their evil kind into the ground.

So does SBPI affect the smoke?

How long before finish should I stop using SBPI?

And apologies I should be in pest control I think!

Cheers

P

buzz off will only keep the borg back it will not kill them sorry

if they are fully grown plants then they will stand up to serious pesticides but if you have any small plants (clone size) they tend to be fried by the more intense pesticides

been battling the borg now for 2 years and it ain't been pretty.

Aha - further inspection shows plenty of the bugger crawling about - have got a bottle of SBPI on the way to me as we speak.

I have started the slaughter of the not-so innocents - wipe their evil kind into the ground.

So does SBPI affect the smoke?

How long before finish should I stop using SBPI?

And apologies I should be in pest control I think!

Cheers

P

Smashin' greenhouse Parlance!!

Sorry to hear about your borg tho!! :smoke: Never used plant invigorator but have used Scotts Bug clear and it works very well but you have some buds forming so might be difficult.... Maybe one spray or two but I wouldn't like to spray something you'll be smoking.

How about preditors for the organic approach....Phytoseiulus persimilis might work if you keep the temps up.

With chemicals you will have to treat every plant in your greenhouse to stand any chance of knocking them out and it is always hard to avoid bugs when growing in the garden.

I've just destroyed some Borg that I dragged in from a Cucumber plant in the garden accidentally.

All the best with your battle.

Bu. :)

Edit to add ........that I've been reading up about the SBPI and it does seem the bizzo so will be indulging in some myself and it seems two weeks into flower is fine so I would say you will be ok looking at the developement stage of your buds.

Edited by Bu

Bottle of SBPI arrived today so I was straight out! SPRAY! SPRAY! SPRAY!

I would like to imagine that the borg are currently staggering about hands clasped to their throats squealing, "i'm dying I'M DYING". Yes. Oh yes.

Will report as to the effectiveness.

Given this is my first grow I dont know when I'm going to finish?! I dont want to spray too close to harvest though obviously I dont want to be smoking mites either... so any advice on how many sprays I should give it? One more? Two more? Can anybody give me an idea when I can expect harvest from the pics? This would help me to withdraw my nasty treatments asap.

CHeers

Parlance

Bottle of SBPI arrived today so I was straight out! SPRAY! SPRAY! SPRAY!

I would like to imagine that the borg are currently staggering about hands clasped to their throats squealing, "i'm dying I'M DYING". Yes. Oh yes.

Will report as to the effectiveness.

Given this is my first grow I dont know when I'm going to finish?! I dont want to spray too close to harvest though obviously I dont want to be smoking mites either... so any advice on how many sprays I should give it? One more? Two more? Can anybody give me an idea when I can expect harvest from the pics? This would help me to withdraw my nasty treatments asap.

CHeers

Parlance

the spay your using is organic and pretty safe i read but the thing to bare in mind is that any damp around the buds runs the risk of rot. can you get a big ossy fan to blow over the buds and leaves after a spraying to dry them out? i think that would help.

i've got preds turning up to feast on my mites tomorrow and used neem oil on all veggin plants as i couldn't get the stuff your using quick enough for me. ie next day :guitar:

:guitar: BH

Got a little (but powerful) fan heater in there at the moment. Been running tonight and at 23C the leaves seem to have dried out proper good. Still loooking at getting dehumidifier / extra fannage in there when things get worse weather wise.

Looks like the next few days will be drier / sunnier on the weather too! yay!

You measuring your relative humidity BH? If so what are you reading max at night?

P

You measuring your relative humidity BH? If so what are you reading max at night?

P

nope :guitar: i know i should and if i dont leave the door ajar it feels damp/humid when you go in

its my first green house grow to and only my 5th grow to date thanks to this site :guitar:

Edited by Buddin Hippy

Second spray of SBPI tonight and things are looking good - since first spray its difficult to spot a single mite (as opposed to huge number before).

Still need to decide how long to give it on the spraying? Given that I have ~7 weeks to complete my current plan is todo a couple or three more sprays and then give them a breather before harvest.

Dehumid is working a treat - but needs a bigger reservoir - tends to fill up in the middle of the night and autostop. Going to fit a small bore drain tube to the outside world I think.

Looking back that reads so boringly. Sorry :yinyang:

Parlance

Hiya all,

Been a busy weekend - sorting out all the electrics to 'Crystal Palace' took a little while. But we are there now - though still have a fair bit to do to 'winter ready' the greenhouse

post-15337-1159130629_thumb.jpgpost-15337-1159130648_thumb.jpg

Looky here at my lovely sparky skills and the massively hardworking dehumidifier (which still isnt quite up to the job - seems to settle out at about 70% :guitar:

A couple of more updates on the grow - a poor picture of my top running 'cola'

post-15337-1159130755_thumb.jpg

Come along my pretties! Grow!

Cheers,

Parlance

sounds and looks like the winter proofing and leccy when well so hopefully its easy street for you now till chop time. your buds are coming on nicly to B)

:yinyang: BH