Seed recommendations for beginners

TrichomeUK

High there,

Newbies often ask 'which seeds should I buy?'

Often, experienced growers recommend Northern Lights, myself recommending NL#2, aka. Oasis from Dutch Passion seeds (£25/10 regular seeds (containing males and females) and £55 for all females/feminised).

( see www.seedsdirect.to )

This is because the NL variations are hardy, easy-to-grow, low-odour, yield well, can take lots of abuse and the smoke is very powerful.

I would advise against Nirvana genetics, as they are 'knock-offs' of the original strains - i.e. not the Real Deal.

Therefore, for an excellent pack of seeds at a great price, I recommend the Spice of Life Adventure Mix for £15 for 12 seeds - bargain of the century!

Remember, you can practice germination techniques and early growth on bag seed and bird/hemp seed.

Do not grow these to fruition, as they will not be good, but to improve your skills, practice before starting 'money beans'.

Seeds can go for upto £100 for 10 at the moment, and the quality is shown through with these connosieur choices.

If you would like a new strain, why not give SweetTooth#4 a go, which will be easy-to-grow and the results will be impressive.

ST#4 is talk-of-the-town at the moment, and is from Spice of Life seeds/by Breeder Steve in Switzerland.

If anything else comes to mind, I'll add it accordingly.

All the best

• 2 weeks later...

re:nivarna seeds.

ed rosenthal would tend to disagree with Tuk.in his "the big book of buds",he list 4 nirvana strains.

ice

master kush

misty

new purple power.

as for been "knock~offs",i dont think there is one seed company that do's not do a copy of someone elses.

dont be put off,at £10 a packet they are an excellent buy for a new grower on a budget.

peace

john

Go ask Space Cadet or OldPink how good those "knock-off" seeds really are.....

op's Supergirl one of the biggest colas I've ever seen, SC's Durban looking juicy as anything from a more expensive breeder........

Mono....x

the high quality seed company have a range that starts at £8 for 11 seeds.at £8 you can get the following.....

original haze x skunk

south india x skunk

swazi x skunk

super thai x skunk

the full range can be seen at eighteentwelve.com.

speaking to a few people who have tried these beans,they do the buisness.

when i return from the dam i shall be starting some of their "original californian orange skunk".(65% indica/35% sativa).i shall keep you informed on their progress.

peace

john

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using Dutch Passion which work great for me (good germ rate), although...

WARNING... think ten times before spending any srious money on thier feminized line.

You should see the WW a friend of mine has in his Flood & Drain table at the moment! Have never seen hermies like these before.. I swear each bud is 50%male and 50% female!!

It's a mess and (of course) full of seeds. I'll try to post some pics if anyones interested. But at £80 a bag of ten (although he got 12) it was a bit of a joke. But then I have read some posts where people have had good results with these(??).

Also, while we're on the subject... I stopped using Sensi-Seeds products completely cos of bad seed viability and v.low germ rates. I suspect some of the stock may be a bit old (these were well established strains that have been around for years). Anyone else had this problem??

L8r

Yeah, keep us posted on the progress of that original Cali skunk Spliffdaddy - i'm interested in that girl. Bloody good prices for seeds on 'eighteentwelve.com.

Also nice to see a link to UK420 on eighteentwelve :D

Also, while we're on the subject... I stopped using Sensi-Seeds products completely cos of bad seed viability and v.low germ rates. I suspect some of the stock may be a bit old (these were well established strains that have been around for years). Anyone else had this problem??

Yes.

Last pack of Superskunk a complete duffer.

Heard the same from others.

:D

• 1 month later...

All I have ever heard about Nirvana is good and at £10 a pack who can grumble...... I had 100% germ rate - just need to see them through to harvest.

Peace :oldtoker: