Could I Use Just A 125 Watt Bulb?

GreenFiend

Hey all,

Well, basically I need a light and to hook up a ventilation system (I got a 30mg/per hour ozone generator and two 80mm fans, will this take care of smell, it's a closet grow, please say yes as I already ordered the generator) and then I will be ready for my first grow. Anyway, do I need to buy a complete 125 watt hps system or would I be ok using just using the bulb. It would be much cheaper and allow me to start sooner. Anyway, if it is possible, can anyone tell me how I would hook it up, (what would I screw it into and where can I get one). Thanks in advance. :headpain:

Edited by GreenFiend

Sounds a funny wattage ...

If you mean a fluorescent, then you only need an E40 socket and a DIY reflector.

As for the smell ... you would probably need a toxic level of ozone to make a significant difference.

Edited by compostverte

As for the smell ... you would probably need a toxic level of ozone to make a significant difference.

Even if its just with 2 plants in a small grow room no taller than 3.25 feet? I'll have to scrog in my closet. Hopefully I'll get a female to get cuttings from. I don't expect it to go well. In fact I'm expecting a disaster, but it will be fun for me. I just want to get started. B)

Depends on your social life. I'm a recluse who never answers his door without an email.

I don't use an ioniser because I love every last bit of the subtle aromas of my plants - they change from day to day :yinyang:

Venting into the loft worked for me due to my neighbours being chain-smokers with a dog and a liking for shake and vac. (and not the local chief constable :stoned: )

125 w envirolite would be one of the quickest ways to get you up and running, but don't rush anything. Also, if you're expecting a disaster a disaster is exactly what your gonna get.

Good luck but don't get caught in GWB's backyard.

:rofl:, Everyone talks about me being in GWB's home state. Hey buddy I just got done looking at some envirolites and I've been able to find some rather good systems, a complete one w/6700k n 2700k bulbs for like 80 lbs. I don't know the conversion rate of English pounds to the American dollar but I do think it will be more expensive in American dollars. Either way, it's more affordable and from what I understand produces less heat which is vital for my small growspace. I do understand where your coming form in saying to expect a disaster will likely result in one. What I should have said is I don't have my hopes up of winning Cream of the Crop on my first grow, I'm reasonable when thinking about how my first grow will turn up. Thanks for all your help, it is greatly appreciated. :yep: Edited by GreenFiend