Important Question About 125w Envirolite Lights

darren19822000

ok so i found a 125W Envirolite - Red (2700K) light on ebay (its the same one that the uk420 store sells but i am in america and they dont ship grow lights here ((too expensive)). my question is what do i plug it into? is there a specific lamp that goes with it? i couldnt find anything other than the light bulb on ebay so im hoping its something that is easily accesible. the uksstore only has the bulb as well...so i need to know what to plug it into..

also, how do these lights do compared to a regullar hps lamp? is it better or worse? which would be more ideal to buy?

thanks in advance

You need an E40 socket. There are different reflectors available as well. And the results are depending on what you're aiming for.

Edited by aventinusdampf

hps and mh are better as your getting more light

but if you have a small grow in a small area enviros are better as they give out less heat

:wink: :guitar::yinyang:

and with enviros you dont need a ballast as they all ready are in the light all you need is a e40 fitting and a shade

:yinyang:

you can get the fitting in most hydro shops and some lighting shops they are about 10 pound soz dont know what it is in dollars also i think you need a blue evirolight for vegging

Edited by perry

well my growspace is only a box that is prolly gonna be 3 feet by 3 feet and baout 6 feet high...which would u use for a small area like that?

i only plan on growing one or two plants at a time....dont smoke much so dont need to grow alot..plus its illegal here haha

:censored:

well my growspace is only a box that is prolly gonna be 3 feet by 3 feet and baout 6 feet high...which would u use for a small area like that?

i only plan on growing one or two plants at a time....dont smoke much so dont need to grow alot..plus its illegal here haha

''prolly gonna be'' havent you sorted your space out m8?

''..pluss its illegal here'' its also illegal here to,infact its illegal in most countries :ninja:

dont c why though its a fuckin plant thats been smoked for thousands of years.

is it me or does his post sound dodgy?? (if its just me i appologise)

forma

:censored:

i havent decided on a final plan for the room yet...still thinkin of better ideas

but the light will be moveable...so i can raise or ower it depending on my plasnts hieght

the plant you have in your probable growspace without an envirolite or e40 connector or the plant you want to have in an actual growspace with an envirolite and an e40 connector? :P;):D

I have little knowledge of electrics.. but if you are buying a Envirolite from a European site, you better check voltage etc. is going to work on your American Power system...

Europe voltage is 220 t0 240 volts .. USA if my memory is right is 110 volts. There is a transformer you can get from hardware or diy shops but cant tell you what they would cost. or specifics on who sells them.

There are us users on this site perhaps one of them can give you that detail

Edit you could possibly get the transformer Via a ham radio dealership. They use them as the equipment from the UK is sold to US Hams

Edited by cyclops