Would Love Some Help With Discreet And Safe Enviro Disposal

DaveDee

I thought this forum seemed the best place for this - but mods, feel free to move it if its in the wrong forum.

My situation is that, for about a year, I've had two broken envirolights in my home, as I as yet, have not found a discreet and safe way of disposing of them.

I have no transport, none of my friends have transport, so dumping them on the nearest tip isnt an option for me.

As UK420 people are the only ones who know I grow, I would love any suggestions of how I can get rid of these in a discreet, safe and suitable way for my circumstances.

For this reason, I feel that my dustbin isnt an option, as I have seen nosey bin-men rifling through rubbish in my neighbourhood.

Also, its one of those neighbourhoods, which is often visited by boys in blue, and I would rather keep these helpful, but nosey and bored coppers out of the thing.

I hope I havent given myself some health risk by keeping them, as Ive vaguely heard broken enviros leak the "stuff" inside of them, if the glass is smashed like mine.

*** As for my grow, no update to diary. Ive consumed the harvest now, but in a nutshell, it was low yield, airy buds, but C99 was nice and trippy, and NL/BB was slightly trippy with that nice body buzz. No new grow started yet, but heres for better results next grow.

Advice on above, very welcome.

Thanx

:ninja:

you could smash the glass of it into the bin, leaving you with a much smaller item to throw away.

when i got rid of mine i got some of the stuff due to go in the composter: egg shells, veg, old food etc that stank like fook, and put it in a bag with the enviro. No binman would want to open it, by the the time it was on the curb and emptied, it would have been very rancid. lol

or you could put it in a public bin, or go for a walk on bin collection morning and stuff it in someone else's bin. :angry:

Bob :ninja:

For this reason, I feel that my dustbin isnt an option, as I have seen nosey bin-men rifling through rubbish in my neighbourhood.

why not just bin them and throw something nasty in with them to stop the binmen rooting ????

ie a tray of cat litter or something else

aahh !!! sir bob beat me to it !!! lol:angry::down:

stuff it in someone else's bin

what a good idea :yes:lol lol

peppi :ninja:

Edited by Peppi

Guest Rickets

I have heard a story that old flurobulbs had white powder inside that was supposed to be carcinogenic, dunno if its true. I thought you could carfully contain the glass seperate from the bulb and wrap the rest in a nappy. let something go rotten and put that inside with it and tape it up a bit. maybe you could smear some marmite on it? dunno what the percentage of people who hate marmite is, i suppose shit is your safest bet.

It would be good if companies with product which can harm the environment had to provide a safe way of disposal after their products had seen the end of their use.

Forgot emo cons, cant be bothered, they're there you just can see them he he :smug:

Edited by Rickets

throw it in your neighbours garden late at night, sorted!

Toot x

thats what il do, even better if u dont get on with em :smug:

Edited by mr_green01

Wrap it in newspaper, put it in a bag and mark the bag - BROKEN GLASS

Then noone will handle it when u dispose of it.

It's also a lot safer for the poor people who could cut themselves if you don't wrap it up properly.

Edited by Church

Wrap it in newspaper, put it in a bag and mark the bag - BROKEN GLASS

Then noone will handle it when u dispose of it.

It's also a lot safer for the poor people who could cut themselves if you don't wrap it up properly.

Mind reader.

Fluorescents contain a small amount of mercury.

Council recycling centres have special fluorescent light skips.

I'm not sure how to safely dispose of HID lamps ...

Edited by compostverte

lots of fluro recycling places online sure ya can find one near you

failing that hows about a bottle bank its glass aint it lol

if yer dumping it with household rubbish make sure ya dont do it with envelopes with ya name n address on it lol

the makers should set up a return old shit for a discount service surely some parts of lamps could be recyled

Envirolights contain a cuicuit board inside that large bulky end .as of next year they come under the new eec recycling of electronics and the supplier is obliged to take them back on a like for like basis for recycling..

Local authoritys also have to supply safe recycling methods. . the recycling laws are going to affect us all in what we dispose of and how we do it Start saving to buy a shed for all the fancy containers to dispose of the different items. Nappys will be labeled toxic alongside TVs videoes computers printers.

Food tins will have to be cleaned and plastics will have to be sorted into differing types. Milk bottles are different plastic to pepsi etc. The nightmare of prosecution for using the wrong container is already with us as some councils already have these as bylaws and have/are prosecuting people already

Funny that, 'cause when I was first searching for 'Envirolights' i kept coming up with a company called Envirolights that recycle fluoro lamps!

think all of us searching for them have come across that site :yinyang:

i had a stroke of luck with mine though i found a decent place does things at wholesale prices {was ages ago not gonna spam} so i ordered the 2 lmap reflector for around 70 quid with 2 x 200w bulbs duel spectrum, was happy enough with the price compared to other prices had saw around the web and in my home town. So few days went by no postal delivery thought great rip off site lol decided to contact them and the bloke goes yeah we sold so many we ran out stock having probs getting more just now but i can ship u the 4 lamp reflector at no extra cost if wait two days, so i gladly waited and got an even better bargain. The place doing the 200w bulbs fer 28 quid so wasnt that much to fill in the spare lamp holders. no spam am gettin better lol

Thanks for all of your kind help, my worries about chemical poisoning have been allayed.

I think I will go for the broken glass on box method, as no one is idiot enough to open a box which says broken glass on eh! :spliff:

The problem with flourescent lighting is that it needs to be disposed of sepparate from general rubbish. You would find that if you went to the recycling centre, they may charge you to dispose of it. When I used to work for an electrical wholesalers, we had to pay to have our old flourescents disposed of. The reason being because, as already mentioned, the contents of the lamps are dodgy.

Not sure of a safe way of doing it though without properly recycling. Sorry.

By the way - I will move this thread out of Free4All and into Lighting. :wassnnme: