Envirolites

iluv2smokemarijuana

Wassup fellow tokers?.... :unsure: I am just about to set up my first grow room and am considering buying envirolites as opposed to H.I.D.s. My reasons being are A) small space B) paranoia about electricity usage :smoke: I was wondering if anyone has used them and that if the end results are as potent and the yields are comparable with that of Halides and Sodiums etc.....any advice will be appreciated, be cool everyone :yahoo:

i have HID and Envirolites, ya mentioned space..... envirolites aint exactly small mate big bulbs need big reflectors, my 4 lamp ones feckin huge about 1000mm long, take note of sizes of space u have and reflector ya buy

Have a read at this lot

Its been discussed quite a bit on here already ;)

Owd :yinyang:

SHIT, u were'nt lying.....its been discussed a lot! Gonna be reading these posts for a while, thanx for the link man.....happy growin' Owderb ;)

i have HID and Envirolites, ya mentioned space..... envirolites aint exactly small mate big bulbs need big reflectors, my 4 lamp ones feckin huge about 1000mm long, take note of sizes of space u have and reflector ya buy

Thnx dr, I did my homework on reflector size an' shit and Im good to go....very valid point u have though, I imagine plenty overlook it!

U get good results?

Thnx again doc, be lucky :yinyang:

i get better results in early stages than any HID i reckon, i have dgi 600w using a grolux and its cracking for stages i use it for but the enviros cant be beaten for seeds clones and young plants when ya can get em so close to them {do use 200w enviros mind you}

and a little fan will keep everything cool, so cant grumble although it does not get used loads or as a main light just for purposes said above so as for flowering i have no idea how good it is

i get better results in early stages than any HID i reckon, i have dgi 600w using a grolux and its cracking for stages i use it for but the enviros cant be beaten for seeds clones and young plants when ya can get em so close to them {do use 200w enviros mind you}

and a little fan will keep everything cool, so cant grumble although it does not get used loads or as a main light just for purposes said above so as for flowering i have no idea how good it is

Cool,thnx once again to the green thumbed one! ;)

Reading quite a few posts about enviros and im getting concerned about the flowering stage, wonder if i'd be better off with a 4 or 600 hps, my space is 4'x2'x8' high.....any one else (as well as u doc) got any ideas? :yinyang:

Cool,thnx once again to the green thumbed one! ;)

Reading quite a few posts about enviros and im getting concerned about the flowering stage, wonder if i'd be better off with a 4 or 600 hps, my space is 4'x2'x8' high.....any one else (as well as u doc) got any ideas? :yinyang:

One light to rule them all, One light to find them, One light to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them if ya using one light that one light should be HPS grolux or HPS son T i reckon as its only one will do veg and flower and when the plants reach decent size be powerful enough to reach under the first layer of canopy, unlike envros which will lighten up the parts of the plant naked eye can see but not exactly have the density of light to penetrate like HPS which when u first encouter one in enclosed space is like bleeding seconf coming of the lord or something its so intense, i vote hps and plent of fresh flowing air

Edited by dr_green_thumb1974

One light to rule them all, One light to find them, One light to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them if ya using one light that one light should be HPS grolux or HPS son T i reckon as its only one will do veg and flower and when the plants reach decent size be powerful enough to reach under the first layer of canopy, unlike envros which will lighten up the parts of the plant naked eye can see but not exactly have the density of light to penetrate like HPS which when u first encouter one in enclosed space is like bleeding seconf coming of the lord or something its so intense, i vote hps and plent of fresh flowing air

Im sold on hps now doc, gonna go check out room sizes in relation to wattage......thank u for your help matey :yinyang:

A 400w will give you 50w/sqft which is bang on ;)

Owd :yahoo:

Luvvly jubbly, sorry 2 bug ya again, but u seem to know ya :soap: do u reckon 600 would be to much even with the correct extraction? :(

All lights generate heat.. my 125W used to heat my 3 x 2 x 2 veg space to well over 30C with the fan off. It would take at least 4 x 125W to cover the original posters space, so same total consumption as a 600W HPS for a third of the light output (forget the 100% PAR bullshit). Theres no argument about which lights would give the best results.

All lights generate heat.. my 125W used to heat my 3 x 2 x 2 veg space to well over 30C with the fan off. It would take at least 4 x 125W to cover the original posters space, so same total consumption as a 600W HPS for a third of the light output (forget the 100% PAR bullshit). Theres no argument about which lights would give the best results.

Thanx Redseal,u just confirmed what i was thinkin all along....... :) thnx also to all who posted and helped me out, would be a little lost woithout you guys!!

This uk420 :headpain: is soooooo cool!