Help! To Chop, Or Not To Chop?

tom o'rite

Thanks for reading this - I have a problem which I would love some opinions on.

I have two plants exactly 10 weeks into flowering after 6 months of veg grown from seed. One is Sensi Seeds Jack Flash, the other a blend of Jamaican strains. Most of my trichs are cloudy, less than 10% are amber. They are still chucking out new pistils like mad.

On Monday 14th Aug I have to go away for a week. My original plan was to chop before going away, but I think I'm going to have to leave them and chop on my return.

I can give them a feed just before I go which should tide them over or possibly as a last resort get my mate (who is helping with my grow) to come round and water them. I would definitely prefer to do the former.

My question is: Do these plants look like they need another week (at least) or should I just chop them before going?

Any input would be very gratefully received. I apologise for the condition of these over-watered / burned plants, it's my first grow for 5 years.

Thanks you lovely people

tom

post-11539-1155322202_thumb.jpg

Here's one of the heads off the Jack Flash (I have topped a fair bit and there are 7 or so the same size and looking similar)

i wouldent leave them there close have ya looked at the trics? milky with a few amber timber if clear dont cut yet

Edited by stanky yank

can we get a full size pic 6 months they musy be fuckin huge.....

I'll try and do you a pic later... they're only under 1 enviro and some fluros so they're not as large as you might expect :wassnnme:

If they are close to the chop a lot of folks will stop feeding and just water to flush the plant.

I'd leave them a bit longer if your mate can water them while you're away.

Looks very nice, :rofl:

OK - here's the long shot, looking cramped and abused, unfortunately. Jack Flash on the left, Jamaican on the right. If I use this drobe again I'm not getting this big, or I'm going to train better and do some sort of SCROG, but like I said this is my first for 5 years.

post-11539-1155375706_thumb.jpg

I think I'm going to chop about half the buds before I go away and leave the others til I return. They'll use less water, and I'll have half the crop in the bank in case things do go wrong. Plus I should get a good comparison between the headier / heavier smokes from both.

To be honest I think that 50% of the time at present, and that I'll leave the lot the rest of the time, so if anyone's got any more input that'd be great.

Thanks!

tom

Edited by tom o'rite