Late Grow

leafysuburbs

Hello, just after some advice/recommendations.

I grew white widow a few years ago, it went ok and still have lights etc, and have had the urge to start another grow.

I'll probably grow indoors again, have a small brick outhouse/shed I was thinking of using but temperature later in the year might be a problem.

Given that I've left it late I was wondering if anyone would have some advice re the best options, seed wise.

The few I've looked at are:-

Magic Bud (Paradise Seeds) are advertised as feminised with a relatively short flowering period, Skunk No1 (Seedsman) and White Lady (Sativa Seedbank) are both cheap - I'm on a budget, but I can't find out much else about them.

The Magic Bud would be my uninformed choice, but would appreciate any advice or opinions before I take the plunge.

Thanks and regards, leafysuburbs.

Hi dude.

From what I understand, you will be growing indoors, yeah?

Photoperiod (is that what they cal it?) shouldn't be a problem for you (being indoors).

Temperatures may drop a lttle at the end of the year, but you could always use a heater, or run your lights at night to generate heat when the temperature is at it's coldest.

If you reckon that temperature migt be your biggest problem, there are a couple of quite hardy strains, which can take an environment outside of the optimal regions, and still produce a reasonable yield. The best solution, it follows, would be to give them an optimal environment.

You could put polystyrene on the floor, so their not sitting on a cold surface.

A wee heater could help.

:stoned:

I grow in a shed and yes winter temps are a pain in the proverbial. I have 2 heaters in my grow area for the winter and still had low temps and nute lock outs. Unless you can get some sort of fan speed controller or a reptile heater mat your plants will suffer. ;)

Personally I would go for the reptile heater mat as the most important thing to keep warm is the rootzone. I was heating the air in my shed last year and it was such a waste of time as the 6 inch fan on full pelt kept sucking all the heat straight out. :stoned::ninja:

As shady says, keeping the pots off a cold floor helps too.

Good luck with it.

Eo.

it's easy - go hydro and use a solution heater in the tank. the cool air temps will keep the plants fairly compact but they will bud up well. i'd suggest a system that runs the water 24/7 like nft so the root zone doesn't get chance to cool off.

i keep my mother plant in an unheated garage and it has lived through 3 winters so far. cuttings are a bit short when it's frosty outside but still quite usable. tank is by aquafarm with a bubble lift through hydrotron and uses a fish tank heater in the solution.