Popcorn Buds?

powerband

Another pain in the but question peeps! With regards to them little popcorn budz, I get the impression that you all remove these so that the plant can concentrate it's energies on the main colas?

If this is correct at what point do you remove these buds without upsetting the plant? And don't they try to grow back? :blub:

Had a lot of popcorn on my first two grows and would like to eradicate them so that I can grow monster colas like you guys and gals! :yinyang:

Fank you Ms Powerband :smoke:

How you using the word "popcorn" Powerband? Different from me, to be sure! Do you mean airbuds from the lower branches?

Guest Lazlo Woodbine

How you using the word "popcorn" Powerband? Different from me, to be sure! Do you mean airbuds from the lower branches?

I reckon so Arnie... :afro:

'Popcorn' more usually describes those nice fat chunky colas 30 secs before harvest ..... :yinyang:

Laz

Edited by Lazlo Woodbine

OK Powerband, I'll assume we're talking Airbuddage :guitar:

Kick me later if I'm wronmg, mind - there's a queue normally :yinyang:

Anyhoo - To avoid airbuds and send all strength to them big fat krystally thangs we all want, I normally remove all lower and some mid-range branches just before going 12/12. This leaves me with about 5 or so very small branches and the main tip (I don't, as a rule, pinch or top my plants). Last harvest was 11 plants. I took around 13 or so Oz of solid buds, and about a Q of trim leaves (I barely trim at all TBH) and no airbuds.

Hope this helps, but I may make no sense coz I am smoking like a demon :afro:

Get hold of some bubblebags, then air bud becomes a brucie. :guitar:

Was going to say , chuck your airbuds in with your trim , to bubble .... :afro:

if you dont wanna do as arnie sys that'll give you some nice big nuggets B) :yinyang:

You are completely correct :rofl: I meant air buddage, learning all the time!

And as I'm already 2/3 wks into 12/12 I'll leave them this time.Valuable lessons learnt though :wassnnme:

Fank you chaps, Ms Powerband :rofl:

p.s. Never played with bubble bags,something I'll have to look into?

Edited by powerband

You are completely correct :rofl: I meant air buddage, learning all the time!

And as I'm already 2/3 wks into 12/12 I'll leave them this time.Valuable lessons learnt though :wassnnme:

Fank you chaps, Ms Powerband :rofl:

2-3 weeks 12/12 is fine Ms Powerband! B)

Yeah i agree with vrg, I have been known to remove the lower airbuds a couple of weeks into 12/12 and it does allow the top colas to fatten more I am sure. ;)

EO.

Yeah i agree with vrg, I have been known to remove the lower airbuds a couple of weeks into 12/12 and it does allow the top colas to fatten more I am sure. :ninja:

EO.

Would that be the whole branch EO? And if so, do you remove the corresponding fan leaves that go with the branches you snip? Does that make sense?

If its just the buds you remove then do you just pull em off? Pain in the arse I know but everything I've learnt so far has been off this site, so it's your own faults :stoned:

Ms Powerband ;)

Guest Lazlo Woodbine

Just remove the airbuds - leave as much leaf in place as possible...all helps towards a bigger harvest.. :stoned:

Laz

I always chop the entire branch off back to the main stems.

edit to add, as VRG's pic shows :stoned:

EO.

Edited by EnigmaticOne