Nurturelite

unusualsuspect

Hello

I was wondering if any of you experienced folk had an opinion on the new Nurturelite lights.

Here is a link to a place ive found what sells them... [sPAM REMOVED]

Reading the info on the page they do seem to sound quite good.

I'd really appreciate any feedback/opinions you care to share

Thanks

Edited by StonedBrittania

Hello

I was wondering if any of you experienced folk had an opinion on the new Nurturelite lights.

Here is a link to a place ive found what sells them... [sPAM REMOVED]

Reading the info on the page they do seem to sound quite good.

I'd really appreciate any feedback/opinions you care to share

Thanks

They're fairly ok. I got one to evaluate, but standard cfls in good quality with the same amount of W do the same job. In my case even better. They're good if one can't wire a bunch of cfls together to achieve the same output. Nuff said.

Edited by StonedBrittania

Oh, forgot to say that my purple sample was broken. Lucky me, I hadn't to pay for it, but now I have to dispose the crappy light. Getting rid of standard cfls is less suspicious. Clives answer was"It's only a light." Damn right he is. It's made in China in a factory that makes the Enviros as well and maybe even a bunch of other brands. They're bulk over there. Here they are an overpriced hype imho. I have some high output cfls from Sweden, they do a hell of a job.

Oh, forgot to say that my purple sample was broken. Lucky me, I hadn't to pay for it, but now I have to dispose the crappy light. Getting rid of standard cfls is less suspicious. Clives answer was"It's only a light." Damn right he is. It's made in China in a factory that makes the Enviros as well and maybe even a bunch of other brands. They're bulk over there. Here they are an overpriced hype imho. I have some high output cfls from Sweden, they do a hell of a job.

sorry folks/admin, i didnt mean to spam your board..it was the only link i could find with the light spectrum info on it..

sorry folks/admin, i didnt mean to spam your board..it was the only link i could find with the light spectrum info on it..

:smoke:. I saw the link and thought how long will it last?

They're fairly ok. I got one to evaluate, but standard cfls in good quality with the same amount of W do the same job.

Yup, they're a total gimmick as far as I can tell. I think Grolux tubes (pretty much the same thing as Nuturlites) give out almost 3x as much red and blue as a warm white fluoro of the same wattage but they perform no better in reality. Cannabis obviously use all those other spectrums of light far more efficiently than red/blue grow light manufacturers would like people to believe.

I can remember 12 years ago making up a story to buy coolwhite 4 foot tubes (Philips TLD) at the local electrical wholesalers :wink:

I've read somewhere (I bet it was here) that the red Envirolite has the same spectrum as the Osram warm white cfl. And that doesn't surprise me. Megaman has a good reputation as well. Ron (Enviro) and Clive (Nurture) work together, Clive however groes only with metall halides (he said at the hempexpo).

My lamps of choice are now Lumine for flowering and Okes for veg. Megamans 4000 K 30 W is in between and used as a supplementary light.

Pictured 200 W Lumines (50 W x 4) for bloom.

post-11447-1155205772_thumb.jpg

Guest HomeGrown

if u whack .com next to the word Nurturelite u goto the manufacturers web site.

i use one...its bright white...PURple is the photo useful radiation

:rofl:

folks, forgive my ignorance

but at what stage of the plants life are these lights suitable for ?

the reason im asking is im looking to buy a light to use in a 1 metre square area, where im planning on having about 10-16 plants...

are these kind of lights suitable for the job or should i be looking for something else ?

if the lights arent suitable, what type of light would you folks go for ?

can i use the same light for the veg/flowering stages ?

id really appreciate your opinions, thanks

a 600 w HPS...

can this be used for veg and flowering stages ?

Take a look at my grow.

My seedlings are under HPS 5 days after they sprout :yahoo: