Should I Top My Plants?

Burns

Should I top my plants?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey all,I recieved a message from freakje yesterday (cheers by the way buddy,was a great help) advising me to top my plants after a week of veg then give them another 4-5 days veg to recover before inducing flowering.

I believe this guy knows what he`s talking about after seeing that hangar of his full to the brim with big fat buds! :unsure:

I`ve topped in the past with mixed results,my northern lights loved it while my Mr Nice x G13 didn`t take to it well at all so I gather certain strains respond better than others.

The strain I`m growing at the moment is Power Plant and I`ve no idea how this strain responds to the chop,I was considering topping half of my room and leaving the other half but then i`m gonna have an uneven cannopy (even though I have 2 lights).

I have 18 ladies each with a square ft of space.

So what`dya reckon?

Burnage B)

I got some PP on the go atm, in fact this is the second timed i've grow her out, i've always topped both the pheno's i have and both seem to respond quite well. :unsure:

I've just have a quick skim through ya grow diary chap, just bear in mind they'll most likely bush out a LOT when you pinch 'em (well mine do anyway!), space might be a bit tight with 18 in there, although if you don't veg 'em too long you may be okay. Still, keeps it fun i s'pose! :unsure:

Looking a bit close to me,was hoping for an all out winner! Never mind eh,I`ll ponder it for a couple of days.

Cheers all B)

If you're short on height, it's a sensible way to proceed - My Medicine Man had the chop last night... even though I really troubled over whether to do it or not for a good couple of weeks.

If you're short on height, it's a sensible way to proceed - My Medicine Man had the chop last night... even though I really troubled over whether to do it or not for a good couple of weeks.

I`ve got about 4-4.5 ft to play with B)

I`ve got about 4-4.5 ft to play with B)

Same as me - not much when they start gettin big.

post-7455-1155151929_thumb.jpg

That's my babe just before I topped her.

I was looking at my plants just now and the runt which lost its growing tip as a seedling has two buds maybe 3/4 the size of a similar, but untopped pheno. I always used to top my skunk#1 - but then for some bizarre reason I was only using 4'6" of my space back then ..... ;)

... at some point however, I got it into my head that untopped buds got me more stoned .... :yinyang:

I'm probably going to grow cuttings of my best two plants for my next grow and wondering how best to get the "SCROG effect" without actually having to master a new technique ... topping may be the answer ...

:spliff:

I was looking at my plants just now and the runt which lost its growing tip as a seedling has two buds maybe 3/4 the size of a similar, but untopped pheno. I always used to top my skunk#1 - but then for some bizarre reason I was only using 4'6" of my space back then ..... :yahoo:

... at some point however, I got it into my head that untopped buds got me more stoned .... :yinyang:

I'm probably going to grow cuttings of my best two plants for my next grow and wondering how best to get the "SCROG effect" without actually having to master a new technique ... topping may be the answer ...

:spliff:

I`m still undecided but am swaying towards topping at the moment...Best make my mind up soon!

Untopped buds getting you more stoned...Hmmm,maybe you were stoned when you considered it ! :rofl:

Never done a scrog graow but I thought the plants were topped a few times but all the info you`ll need will be in here somewhere!

Cheers for the comments and good luck with the scrog grow pal.

Burnage B)

Hi mate, if you got 2 lights why not top half and see.

I topped some this year at different times, one thing i found is the ones i topped at 12 still stretched and got the same size as the ones that werent topped. So i guess its better to give em recovery time. 1 of mine topped a month before 12 is still a nice little bush. Hope this helps abit :smoke:

Actually that does appeal to my "test as many things at once" inclinations :- 2 phenos, 2 different pruning strategies :ninja:

Thanks old chap :smoke: