This Is Strange!

Blurrysight

hey,., i got some belladonna seeds from PS. and they all germinated, but never growed in the compost, its been 3 weeks since they were potted, :sweaty: i dug up a couple of pots and the seeds are no whereto be seen, no roots no nothing, what is going on,

has this happend to any1 before?

Guest Mr white

hey,., i got some belladonna seeds from PS. and they all germinated, but never growed in the compost, its been 3 weeks since they were potted, :sweaty: i dug up a couple of pots and the seeds are no whereto be seen, no roots no nothing, what is going on,

has this happend to any1 before?

this happened to me once a few years ago, I used compost from my greenhouse which I think had nasties of some desciption in. did you use old soil? better luck next time huh!

no i used new compost from a shop, yea as u said better luck next time. duno what strain i want to grow though,, any recomendations?

It's probably because I had been a general purpose gardener for 12 years or so before I started growing, but I don't usually treat cannabis seeds any differently to tomato seeds. It's been quite a surprise to find people doing weird things with kitchen roll and plates ...

I fill 7cm pots with a loose mix of compost, soak thoroughly, allow to drain, make half cm dent, pop in the seeds, gently cover, put into propogator under 80 watts of fluorescent light - largely for gentle warmth in the first instance.

My present batch of seeds were mostly up and away within 2 days.

5 days later they were 9 inches from a 250 watt HPS.

Those with little general gardening experience might like to do a trial run with hemp seed from the pet shop.

:rofl: or if the compost dried out in the area where the germinated seeds were, even for a really short time

they just shrivel in to the compost with almost no trace. Another time I put some little sprouters on my back porch, out of the sun, on a warm day. The things disappeared, it was only later I spotted a wood pigeon mooching around some other plants and actually eating the shoots. Bastard.

Also check for slugs, even indoors, these bastards can survive inside the case of a washing machine, under the fridge, in the cupboard under the sink, and they will travel over almost anything to get to fresh seedlings.

I always put a complete ring of salt around my seedling pots.

If you are going to start over with fresh seeds, tip the old compost out somewhere where it will still get light and moisture, you never know, one or two may still show their heads.

Good luck with the next lot

Casso :wassnnme:

Those with little general gardening experience might like to do a trial run with hemp seed from the pet shop.

im experienced enough to germinate cannabis seeds :wassnnme:.. thats why i named the topic "This Is Strange!"as ive never experienced this before...

:wassnnme: or if the compost dried out in the area where the germinated seeds were, even for a really short time

they just shrivel in to the compost with almost no trace. Another time I put some little sprouters on my back porch, out of the sun, on a warm day. The things disappeared, it was only later I spotted a wood pigeon mooching around some other plants and actually eating the shoots. Bastard.

Also check for slugs, even indoors, these bastards can survive inside the case of a washing machine, under the fridge, in the cupboard under the sink, and they will travel over almost anything to get to fresh seedlings.

I always put a complete ring of salt around my seedling pots.

If you are going to start over with fresh seeds, tip the old compost out somewhere where it will still get light and moisture, you never know, one or two may still show their heads.

Good luck with the next lot

Casso :wassnnme:

thanx m8. that salt ring idea is good, gona do that on my next outdoor grow, i allways go all out on outdoor grows. 50+ plants does it well.. :yinyang::yinyang::smoke:

im experienced enough to germinate cannabis seeds :wassnnme:.. thats why i named the topic "This Is Strange!"as ive never experienced this before...

Sorry old bean - didn't mean to sound patronising :wassnnme:

It's probably because I had been a general purpose gardener for 12 years or so before I started growing, but I don't usually treat cannabis seeds any differently to tomato seeds. It's been quite a surprise to find people doing weird things with kitchen roll and plates ...

I fill 7cm pots with a loose mix of compost, soak thoroughly, allow to drain, make half cm dent, pop in the seeds, gently cover, put into propogator under 80 watts of fluorescent light - largely for gentle warmth in the first instance.

My present batch of seeds were mostly up and away within 2 days.

5 days later they were 9 inches from a 250 watt HPS.

yeas mate this is the same way i do it, i find it almost 100%.

i found nature doesnt have kitchen roll, lol

and natures always right, lets face it the way we grow through-out the rest of the grow is just trying to get the growing conditions as close to natures as possible and yet some still put there seeds in kitchen roll.

each to there own i guess.

;)

yeas mate this is the same way i do it, i find it almost 100%.

i found nature doesnt have kitchen roll, :soap:

and natures always right, lets face it the way we grow through-out the rest of the grow is just trying to get the growing conditions as close to natures as possible and yet some still put there seeds in kitchen roll.

each to there own i guess.

:(

now i use toilet roll or kitchen roll and allways get a 95 - 100 % germination rate.