Help Please....

hydro98

hi all

just been round my mates whos growing in soil.

he was realy peed off, this is his first attempt at growing and hes at 10 weeks 12/12 and its not a pretty site.

the leaves look great the buds are tiny, its put him off growing again and i think its a shame so i said i would try and help him find out the problem and get him growing again.

as i said the leaves look great, no spots, yellowing just nice a healthy green but the buds have ended up tiny !!!. ionic soil bloom is the main feed

and a bit of big bud so i cant see any sign of underfeeding.

the strains are ok as ive grown them ok

the only thing i can think of is air exchange, its a 5'5' room 1 x 600w grolux 160rvk out and a very long(12') passive intake. does a lack of fresh air cause this problem ??

please can anyone help me restore his faith that it can be sorted ??

cheers jon

Edited by jjon98

10 weeks 12/12

the leaves look great the buds are tiny

Light leaks?

Got any pics?

Edited by Bish

no pics till tomorrow, no light leaks as its in a cellar.

only other thing is they seem to kicking out alot of veg growth round the top??

Hi mate,

What are his temps like? Whats his humidity? What is the strain? What ratio of feed is he using? How long were they vegging? Were they from seed? Can you get pics?

Im still pretty new to this but im sure if you have the above info someone will be able to help! Of course he can be saved though. Tell him to sign up to uk420 mate, its like a infinitive path to knowledge! :yinyang::spliff:

Also, im not sure the lenght of a passive intake matters, its the size of the hole which I beleive has to be about 5 times the size (normally diameter) of the exhaust.

Edited by Funkyg1981

Hi mate,

What are his temps like? Whats his humidity? What is the strain? What ratio of feed is he using? How long were they vegging? Were they from seed? Can you get pics?

Im still pretty new to this but im sure if you have the above info someone will be able to help! Of course he can be saved though. Tell him to sign up to uk420 mate, its like a infinitive path to knowledge! :yinyang::spliff:

Also, im not sure the lenght of a passive intake matters, its the size of the hole which I beleive has to be about 5 times the size (normally diameter) of the exhaust.

6 weeks veg, temps have been low to high 80s , feeding about 3/4 of bottle instructions, passive intake is 6 inch,,,small ??

Sure you're on 12/12?

i checked his timer mate and seems ok, must admit that was a thought of mine.

Edited by jjon98

And that may well be his problem :yinyang:

got to say it is a cheapo mechanical type, do you think or have know a timer coming on and off between timed periods ??

Edited by jjon98

i take it that a contactor relay is being used?

& you've checked it hasn't fused on??

edited to add: or he hasn't clicked the button on the side up to 24hrs?? :yinyang:

Edited by dikki

i take it that a contactor relay is being used?

& you've checked it hasn't fused on??

edited to add: or he hasn't clicked the button on the side up to 24hrs?? :yinyang:

i asked him if the light goes off and he said he had been in during lights off and they were off when he went in and were on when he went in at night..

Edited by jjon98