Help!

d_L_t

hi all, my plants are developing brown spots on the fan leaves, just wondering whats causing it and I should I do anything or just leave it?

Im using Ionic Grow with a ec of 1.0+, my ph is kept around 5.8, although this morning when I checked it dropped to 4.7+.

any help would be great, cheers :)

;)

post-10403-1155051364_thumb.jpg

post-10403-1155051370_thumb.jpg

its just when i built my first growdrobe i lined it with tin foil and your pics look like the same damage to the leaf.the tin foil was acting like a magnifying glass.the little bumps in the tin foil were focusing the light in to 1 spot like a magnifying glass in the sun and burnin little patch`s like wot u got ,sorry no help ;)

it looks like the start of the dreaded nute burn

Surely nute burn would start to express itself in the tips of the leaves first?

it may do, i was just looking at the rust bits and the leaf in the background curling inwards

just my 2 pence worth ;)

Guest Archangel

Nute burn my outdoor plants have em cause i gave em to much bb grow..

But the leafs burned first....

Plant that size shouldnt need nutes should it?

White paint is more effective than 'wrinkled' Mylar. If your gonna use it or foil, then it needs to be as flat as

possible with no wrinkles.

I think this is your problem. though im not 100% sure.

I see, thanks. Ok I replaced the wrinkled stuff with new mylar, see how it goes!

Nute burn my outdoor plants have em cause i gave em to much bb grow..

But the leafs burned first....

Plant that size shouldnt need nutes should it?

I'm in hydro mate, its different because they get all their food from the soil...

Started them off on low strength nutrient (formulex@0.5).

here are some more pics for you to see, thanks for all the suggestions :ouch:

post-10403-1155058536_thumb.jpg

post-10403-1155058560_thumb.jpg

post-10403-1155058614_thumb.jpg

Looks like the start of a fungal infection (rust spots) to me.

cheers bish :wink: so how did this happen and how do I prevent/cure it?

:ouch:

Citrofresh is good tack for fungal probs, have a mooch thro the shop for some. Fungal problems are usually caused/exaggerated by high humidity, poor air exchange or poor air circulation, or a combo of the 3. :ouch:

Citrofresh is good tack for fungal probs, have a mooch thro the shop for some. Fungal problems are usually caused/exaggerated by high humidity, poor air exchange or poor air circulation, or a combo of the 3. :ouch:

thanks muppet.. I do have high humidity (75+) and the only air movement I have is a 100mm inline pulling in fresh air. I'll switch it around so its extracting instead. thanks for helping :wink:

No worries chap. :wacko:

Try and get a little oscilatin' fan in their too, not only will the air movement help stop spores settlin' etc, it'll also give 'em some excercise and strenghen their stems for ya. :blub: