Bottom Of Plant Ready Before The Top

MarkoSmoko

Morning everyone, quick one really.

Has anyone ever experience the bottom of their lady becoming ready to harvest before the tops?

I've got this on my white rhino, but its usually the other way round.

Not that I'm bothered like :wassnnme:

:headpain:

Morning everyone, quick one really.

Has anyone ever experience the bottom of their lady becoming ready to harvest before the tops?

I've got this on my white rhino, but its usually the other way round.

Not that I'm bothered like :wassnnme:

:headpain:

Yeah i have often noticed how the lower air buds can look finished before the tops are. :smoke:

That's a bit odd - can't say it's ever happened to me.

It'd be a bit of a nuisance too - I never prune the understorey - I'm relying on there being something to reveg. later ...

I never prune the understorey - I'm relying on there being something to reveg. later

Really? you're going to have to explain that one to me cv, the thought never occured to me

Hi Marko, basically (as usual) I am undecided about what to do next and it was too much bother this time round to manage a mothers / cuttings scheme ... recently I have done one grow every 2 years !

My seeds cost me £10. To keep mothers under 80 watts of fluorescents will cost me £15 for the duration of the grow whether I end up using them or not. To reveg under a single 250 watt light will cost me 6 quid for 2 weeks - then 2 or 3 weeks under fluorescents to root the clones will cost 3 or 4 quid ...

It's a bit of a gamble, but I have usually got away with it .. any spare plant material will be fine for cooking with ...

I don't know how much difference it makes to the main cola pruning out the whippy stuff ...

Edited by compostverte

I don't know how much difference it makes to the main cola pruning out the whippy stuff ...

i have done grows where the lower stuff gets trimmed away and some where i left it on to flower. When the lower plant is trimmed I found the density of the main cola was way more noticeable. You probably end up with the same amount of bud doing it either way, it's just the density and size of buds that differs I think.

EO.

Thanks for that EO.

If I go for a grow from cuttings in a month's time from my best two plants, I'll probably be a bit brutal with the lower stuff ...

i have done grows where the lower stuff gets trimmed away and some where i left it on to flower. When the lower plant is trimmed I found the density of the main cola was way more noticeable. You probably end up with the same amount of bud doing it either way, it's just the density and size of buds that differs I think.

EO.

at what point do you trim? Are you taking bud off or just branches?

at what point do you trim? Are you taking bud off or just branches?

I would usually do it a few days or so into 12/12 once the plant starts to stretch and you can see which bits aren't going to make it up to the light. I usually remove whole branches, before they bud up too much, this allows the plant to divert more energy to the other bud sites, and so giving me denser buds. As long as you have good ventilation bud density shouldnt cause rot. :ninja: