Sexing Lowryders

Herbert Spliff

My LRs are at 14 days now and doing nicely. All the reports I have read say that I should be able to sex them in the next week or so. My question is this:- as they are growing outside so there is no space issue to wory about can I leave the plants until they are clearly showing sex (balls/pistils) without having to worry about pollination.

I am worried as it is my first grow that I may sex them wrong if I try and do it to early but also don't want to be over cautious and find that everything goes to seed

can I leave the plants until they are clearly showing sex (balls/pistils) without having to worry about pollination.

Yes you can mate,dont worry you'll see the males clearly before they chuck their load lol

Owd :(

Not going for some more Seeds?

Lowryder is pretty expensive :yinyang: . If you get some seeds you could grow like 20+ and get a nice yield next time round :) . How many plants you got? Could always seperate them.

Just a thought.

Good luck with the Grow.

Not going for some more Seeds?

Lowryder is pretty expensive :spliff: . If you get some seeds you could grow like 20+ and get a nice yield next time round :yinyang: . How many plants you got? Could always seperate them.

Just a thought.

Good luck with the Grow.

Assuming I get any females at all

Thought about it but this was really just a first practise grow and as it was late in the year LR were my only option. Will concentrate on some big plants next year..

Guest Mr white

Assuming I get any females at all

Thought about it but this was really just a first practise grow and as it was late in the year LR were my only option. Will concentrate on some big plants next year..

I have some lowrders outside and mine did'nt show sex for a month, they take longer outside. The first signs of sex you will see are the males as they show sex first, you could'nt miss the males and dont worry about pollenation you should have enough time before they start droping pollen. I've tried pollenating one of my females but I'm not sure If its been a success, I would recommend you do the same as it'll save ya loads'a money. Also your plants may not be ready for harvest for maybe 9-10 weeks as I'm finding out so take this into consideration. all the best and good luck.

mine are nearly 3 weeks old now and they ain't hige at all first set of proper leaves out and second ones just starting to grow. About 4.5 inches tall.

Does this sound normal ?

mine are nearly 3 weeks old now and they ain't hige at all first set of proper leaves out and second ones just starting to grow. About 4.5 inches tall.

Does this sound normal ?

What are you growing them in? They will grow in any virtually any soil but if the soil is a bit claggy then it really holds them back. Getting the taproot as far down as quickly as possible seems to be the key to growing these.

There are various phenos and I'm sure I haven't seen them all - a friend mentioned a "dwarf pheno" of Lowryder :soap: A dwarf of a dwarf doesn't sound good to me :)

Growing them in the ground straight away. Soil was turned over and broken up well but not mixed with perlite or owt