Newbie..want To Know B4 I Start.

Guest Rix

Rite i have got hold of myself some 4 Grapefruit from & 2 Doggiesnut White Widow..All feminized :ninja:

I have 5'/2'5/2'5 grow box painted white, with 2 Envirolites red/blue.

So, i have not started grow yet. I have kept myself a low buget of 75£..100£ max.I bought the seeds of my uncle for 15£ :yinyang: hes a tokacola breeder blah blah blah, but i do not like to hassel him with question and favours..hes cool guy and all dat u prolly ask me why dont go to him for advice..reson being he goes toooooo into detail..to much to take in..its lyk bonging a 28g bud!! :) neways got my envirolites for £20quid each from this site. BUT, i would like to know if u could grow with soil(mixed in wirh rotted veg/fruit peelings ..egg shells..give it vitimins/nutrients)and plain filtered water?i thought of this because instead of using premade fertilizers and loosing some of the plants full taste/potential from these chemicals..you could just go fully organic.. and maby come out with probally very small pesentage better plant, aswel as keeping you buget low. To maby experiment a little more maby just grow with 12/12 ..so hopefully make the plant feel like it on a vacation in JaMaCa :yahoo: but then 1 more problem when will it know when to flower??

I dunno me jus a newb :soap: can someone help me please?

Rix

Edited by Rix

Rite i have got hold of myself some 4 Grapefruit from & 2 Doggiesnut White Widow..All feminized :ninja:

I have 5'/2'5/2'5 grow box painted white, with 2 Envirolites red/blue.

So, i have not started grow yet. I have kept myself a low buget of 75£..100£ max.I bought the seeds of my uncle for 15£ :spliff: hes a tokacola breeder blah blah blah, but i do not like to hassel him with question and favours..hes cool guy and all dat u prolly ask me why dont go to him for advice..reson being he goes toooooo into detail..to much to take in..its lyk bonging a 28g bud!! :!: neways got my envirolites for £20quid each from this site. BUT, i would like to know if u could grow with soil(mixed in wirh rotted veg/fruit peelings ..egg shells..give it vitimins/nutrients)and plain filtered water?i thought of this because instead of using premade fertilizers and loosing some of the plants full taste/potential from these chemicals..you could just go fully organic.. and maby come out with probally very small pesentage better plant, aswel as keeping you buget low. To maby experiment a little more maby just grow with 12/12 ..so hopefully make the plant feel like it on a vacation in JaMaCa :yahoo: but then 1 more problem when will it know when to flower??

I dunno me jus a newb :unsure: can someone help me please?

Rix

Hi mate :) , just get yourself some all purpose organic compost and some Biobizz Grow and Bloom. It will set you back around £25 (£10 Grow, £10 Bloom, £5 Compost) and will be totally organic.

Biobizz grow and bloom is available from the uk420 store, click on the link above.

This will give you the best tasting buds around, and make your plants strong and healthy.

TBH i wouldn't bother with rotting veg and all, it will attract pests and wont be available as food for the plants until it has fully rotted down, which could take months. ;)

Bob :yinyang:

Edit: plants know how to flower by how much light they get. give them 18 or 20 hours of light a day to make them grow, and give them 12 hours of light a day to make them flower. ;)

If growing from seed grow them for at least 6 weeks before flowering them.

Edited by SirBob

Edit: plants know how to flower by how much light they get. give them 18 or 20 hours of light a day to make them grow, and give them 12 hours of light a day to make them flower. :spliff:

If growing from seed grow them for at least 6 weeks before flowering them.

does anyone do constant 24hr light anymore? :spliff:

sorry to hijack this thread but Ive had my plants on 24 since germination for the past 3 weeks would it be advantageous to put them to 18 or 20? I thought 24 was the way to go up until flowering then 12/12.

sorry to hijack this thread but Ive had my plants on 24 since germination for the past 3 weeks would it be advantageous to put them to 18 or 20? I thought 24 was the way to go up until flowering then 12/12.

Do some reading as there is sooooo much info on this site and good luck mate . :wassnnme::unsure:

Do some reading as there is sooooo much info on this site and good luck mate . :wink: :yep:

I did all my reading 2 years ago and the way to go was 24 hr light for veg. Would it be advantageous to drop them down to 20 hrs light for example? even after 3 weeks of 24?

Edited by pinhead1337

Guest Lazlo Woodbine

I did all my reading 2 years ago and the way to go was 24 hr light for veg. Would it be advantageous to drop them down to 20 hrs light for example? even after 3 weeks of 24?

I would give them at least 4 hours darkness.... probably more - don't think its sensible to deprive the plants of a good nights sleep ...... :yep:

18/6 or 16/8 .... decent starting points - they won't come to any harm if you just change the times - and you'll save on your leccy.... :wink:

Laz

does anyone do constant 24hr light anymore? :wink:

Yep, saves on contactor, costs on leccy (Possibly extends the life of bulb's as well as I seem to remember bulbs suffer most damage at start up) but I reckon I got better results under 24/0 than under 18/6. Only later did I read OT1's bit on lighting so haven't yet tried 20/4 (Suppossedly the best regime based on tests so far.)

Edited by Tutu

Only later did I read OT1's bit on lighting so haven't yet tried 20/4 (Suppossedly the best regime based on tests so far.)

link?