Which Is More Important - Maximum Light Or Optimum Temperature?

insurgent

What do you feel is more important  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Think I've set up the poll right....

What do you reckon from your experience? Is the stress from overheating and being burnt worth the gain in lumens? Is it better to sacrifice some light and keep things cool and growing happily?

I have voted for optimum temperature :spliff:

I cant see how you gain anything from stressing them with a 1000 watter if your temp is 40+

Just look how well people do with enviro's and even less light like with normal fluro's

personally i would have the biggest brightest light that my space can handle but wouldn't comprimse their enviroment for it, as one problem tends to lead to another :ouch:

Max :yinyang:

Guest Rickets

need to say both, or a ballance of both as close to the optimum range as possible. Since thans not answering the question very well, I have to admit I dunno my experience isnt mega. got to try and have the best of both worlds really aincha?

EDIT:2

If I had a light that was too powerful I'd either sell it or invest in an extraction big enough to cope. I've seen mates plants far too hot they look alright I must admit but (OK one guys didnt) and i recon theres a fire hazard having tinder dry leaves and a 1000W light, I'd say if it was too hot you would move the plant away from the light and loose lumens that way. cool and less lumens for me

Edited by Rickets

Well if plants get too hot and are losin' too much water thro evapouration on the leaves they simply shut down so.....

And way too much light will burn 'em to a crisp, so.....

My current grow is running mid-30s and 35 percent RH under 100 wpsf and is doing very nicely :)

These plants come from places where you'd burn to a crisp if you went out without a hat ;)

I would love to keep my temps below 30, but I will have to wait a month or two for lower ambient temperatures and improved ventilation.