Hairs Buring!! Help!

daluvian

Hi, peeps this is my first time posting here, i can't find the answer to my problem, anywhere. I have 4 AK 47's about 2 foot tall, they just started to flower, and i noticed that some of the hairs are turning brown from the top down. Could this be caused by outdoor heat? we get up to the high 90's. What could cause this to happen?, and what should i do. Thanks!!!

Sounds like the light is too low :rofl:

Have you got a fan gently blowing over em to help move the hotter canopy heat ;)

Owd :spliff:

Guest ironlungs

ha uve even managed to confuse me. :spliff:

uve posted in nutrient deficiencies, and are wondering whether the heat is browning the hairs.....

anyways not sure what the problem is. pictures will help a bit more. and whatever owderb advises :rofl:

i couldn't work out if they were still outside (as in outdoor heat)

or inside now

did look at the profile but no info so...

as per owd

I burned the tops of a few of my AK 47's too,in my first grow that finished a couple of weeks ago.

I found that the ones that got singed a bit ended up BIGGER by the end of flowering.

I'm not suggesting anyone try it as a growth booster :rofl: ,but they ALL recovered fine and as i said by the time they were done those ones were the biggest.

Maybe the plant reacted to the damage by making more buds ?

After all a plants function is to reproduce and if that process gets hindered,then most plants react in some way to redress the balance.

I don't know for sure,but i did see a fair difference come chopping time.

If they got burned because they're too tall and you can't raise the light anymore and tying down is either too difficult or not an option,then aim your intake straight up at the light.

I did this as mine grew huge,and although it's not ideal it does work and i found that even though my tops were within a foot of a 400 watt HPS[with the intake blowing up at the lamp],they grew OK and finished fine without anymore burning or scorching.

Just watch out for leaf burn from the air that passes very close to any fan leaves.

I had a bit of that but not too bad and just needed a bit of re-arranging to keep 'em out of the airstream.

Hope that helps. :wassnnme::wassnnme:

Hi, peeps this is my first time posting here, i can't find the answer to my problem, anywhere. I have 4 AK 47's about 2 foot tall, they just started to flower, and i noticed that some of the hairs are turning brown from the top down. Could this be caused by outdoor heat? we get up to the high 90's. What could cause this to happen?, and what should i do. Thanks!!!

They are outdoors, they aren't indoor, right in the ground, but i recently taken out of 5 gall's